Tacx i-Magic..........

Old April 28th 04, 05:27 PM
The Slapster

Default Tacx i-Magic..........

I have, today, been advised my Hospital staff to desist from TT and Road
racing. This has come as a great shock, after sufferring chest pains in a
recent 30 mle TT.

As such, it is with some regret that I have a few month old Tacx i-Magic
which will sadly never be used to its fullest capacity.

If anyone is considering purchasing one of these, mail me and I am sure we
will be able to come to some agreement so that it can be used as it should
be.

It is an amazing bit of kit, specs of which can be found on most cycling
shop sites.

It has only been used 11 times, and has never left my dining room. As such,
it is in "as new" condition, and is even still covered by some remaining
warranty. It has an old Battaglin racing bike attached, which I will let go
with the trainer.

If interested please mail me, and I will give you a contact number so we can
speak.

Old April 28th 04, 05:30 PM
Philip TAYLOR [PC87S/O-XP]

The Slapster wrote:

I have, today, been advised my Hospital staff to desist from TT and Road
racing. This has come as a great shock, after sufferring chest pains in a
recent 30 mle TT.

That's very sad, Slapster : I sincerely hope you make a full and speedy recovery.
** Phil.
Old April 28th 04, 05:39 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I have, today, been advised my Hospital staff to desist from TT and Road
racing. This has come as a great shock, after sufferring chest pains in a
recent 30 mle TT.

Sorry to hear that Slapster6. Here's to a full recovery.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 28th 04, 06:04 PM
Zog The Undeniable

The Slapster wrote:

I have, today, been advised my Hospital staff to desist from TT and Road
racing. This has come as a great shock, after suffering chest pains in a
recent 30 mle TT.

Sorry to hear that, but I'd get a second opinion. Surely touring is
just as strenuous when you get to a steep hill? I wouldn't expect the
majority of hospital staff to know diddly squat about cycle racing.
Old April 28th 04, 06:18 PM
Tony Raven

The Slapster wrote:
I have, today, been advised my Hospital staff to desist from TT and Road
racing. This has come as a great shock, after sufferring chest pains in a
recent 30 mle TT.

I would belay that order for the moment. Exercise is a key component of
managing or recovering from heart disease these days and cycling is an
excellent way of doing so. When you say hospital staff do you mean hospital
staff or your consultant? If it is the former it may just be precautionary
until you have had a full work up and the consultant has been able to advise
you. I bet you will be back on the bike in future though. There are loads of
people out there cycling with heart disease or on heart medications.

Good luck.

Tony

Old April 28th 04, 11:31 PM
The Slapster

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Zog,
went on the treadmill this morning - all hooked up to various electric
gadgets (my hairy chest has suffered immensely - dont know how women do that
waxing thing!!!)
I have now been advised to use a heart rate monitor and to continue cycling,
setting a limit of 170 bpm.
Obviously the ethos being, on touring/pleasure rides, I can slow
down/stop/walk/etc if needed, whereas in a TT there is no way i would be
able to keep the rate down below 170 bpm when "going for it".
As such, whereas I did, as you suggest, think about a second opinion, the
problem, even if the next Doc said "OK, fill `yer boots, no problems here",
I would still wonder..........

As the incomparable Mrs Slapster says as she took the cheroot from her mouth
and spat out the chewing tobacco, "You aint taking the chance - as far as
racing goes, thats yer lot".

Who am I to argue? Reckon she must love me just a little bit!!
I am still keeping he Litespeed though - that would be too much to bear....
--
Regards from The Slapster, Cornwall, UK

Who hopes to die peacefully - just like his Uncle,
And not kicking and Screaming - Like his Uncles passengers!!

Old April 29th 04, 12:46 AM
Ambrose Nankivell

In ,
The Slapster typed:
Thanks to all for the kind words.

Zog,
went on the treadmill this morning - all hooked up to various electric
gadgets (my hairy chest has suffered immensely - dont know how women
do that waxing thing!!!)

Painful, isn't it. I need to go for weekly blood tests, and every time I try
to say I'll just press on the cotton wool till it stops bleeding, but I
always get micropore wrapped around my whole arm.

Also, one time when I was in hospital, a healthcare assistant insisted on
putting on the ECG leads and tabs just to take my pulse, causing me
completely unnecessary hair removal to the chest when it was already sore.
One of the most frustrating things about my stay in hospital a while back
was when someone did one of these minor tasks wrong and I had to not tell
them how to do it otherwise they'd get incredibly offended.

Anyway...