Global MHL cabal seek to discredit cycling health benefit to riskratio

Old September 4th 19, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Global MHL cabal seek to discredit cycling health benefit to riskratio

The authors are part of a cabal that wish all countries to have MHL for
all cyclists. Recently they have published papers that, in their minds,
prove the MHL introduction in Australia did _not_ result in far fewer
people cycling, and then based on that work, in a follow up paper showed
that assuming the same number of people were cycling after MHLs
introduction, some calculated number of people were saved based on
fatalities before & after.

Now they wish to discredit prior works that claim regular cycling health
benefits outweigh risks. They will stop at nothing to further
marginalise healthy and benign active transport.

https://psyarxiv.com/h5uxg

Meanwhile there is an org calling for pedestrians to be forced to wear
hi vis.

http://www.3aw.com.au/pedestrian-dea...while-walking/

Where will it end?

--
JS
Old September 4th 19, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 09:29:17 +1000, James
wrote:

The authors are part of a cabal that wish all countries to have MHL for
all cyclists. Recently they have published papers that, in their minds,
prove the MHL introduction in Australia did _not_ result in far fewer
people cycling, and then based on that work, in a follow up paper showed
that assuming the same number of people were cycling after MHLs
introduction, some calculated number of people were saved based on
fatalities before & after.

Now they wish to discredit prior works that claim regular cycling health
benefits outweigh risks. They will stop at nothing to further
marginalise healthy and benign active transport.

https://psyarxiv.com/h5uxg

Meanwhile there is an org calling for pedestrians to be forced to wear
hi vis.

http://www.3aw.com.au/pedestrian-dea...while-walking/

Where will it end?

When everyone is safe and lives forever :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old September 4th 19, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/3/2019 6:29 PM, James wrote:
The authors are part of a cabal that wish all countries to
have MHL for all cyclists. Recently they have published
papers that, in their minds, prove the MHL introduction in
Australia did _not_ result in far fewer people cycling, and
then based on that work, in a follow up paper showed that
assuming the same number of people were cycling after MHLs
introduction, some calculated number of people were saved
based on fatalities before & after.

Now they wish to discredit prior works that claim regular
cycling health benefits outweigh risks. They will stop at
nothing to further marginalise healthy and benign active
transport.

https://psyarxiv.com/h5uxg

Meanwhile there is an org calling for pedestrians to be
forced to wear hi vis.

http://www.3aw.com.au/pedestrian-dea...while-walking/

Where will it end?

The trend is clear.

Something more like China than actual civilization, a
situation in which The State will either allow (with
permit, license or baksheesh) or ban every human thought and
action. Specifically permitted and proscribed thoughts and
actions will change or reverse status every so often,
whenever a purge is desired.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 4th 19, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 19:46:41 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 9/3/2019 6:29 PM, James wrote:
[...]

Ah Winston Smith, you rise again :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old September 4th 19, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 1:46:48 AM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/3/2019 6:29 PM, James wrote:
[...]

Nah, they'll kill you before they actually reach total control of your life by other means. The control freaks have become impatient. Euthanasia, which used to be by choice only, and only in cases where there was no cure for some incredibly painful disease, has now become by the convenience of the administrative state. And I'm not talking about China killing political prisoners to harvest their organs. I'm talking about Canada, just up the road from you, where they euthanised Sean Tagert as the easiest bureaucratic option. They came to tell him his health funding was cut, refused to speak to him when they realised he was taping the conversation, and left the assisted suicide paperwork with his mother.

Andre Jute
Big Brother strikes again
Old September 4th 19, 05:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On 9/3/2019 6:29 PM, James wrote:
[...]

Well, he could always do the US thing -- blow through his lifetime insurance benefit, declare medical bankruptcy, go on Medicaid and die of bedsores in some decrepit long-term care facility. If I had ALS, I'd get my affairs in order and take the pills while I could still swallow.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old September 4th 19, 10:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On 9/3/2019 6:29 PM, James wrote:
[...]

Must be awful being rigged up to a spittle-suction machine, which is apparently only one of the indignities caused by Lou Gehrig's Disease.

AJ
Old September 4th 19, 11:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On 9/3/2019 6:29 PM, James wrote:
[...]

I saw this last year but thought it was too over the top to be true:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...cide-children/

AJ

Health and cycling Bod[_5_] UK 11 July 15th 15 09:49 AM
Fringe benefit to cycling. PoB UK 10 July 15th 09 09:48 PM
So Much for Mountain Biking's Alleged "Health Benefit" Gary S. Mountain Biking 0 January 16th 06 06:13 PM
So Much for Mountain Biking's Alleged "Health Benefit" Jason Mountain Biking 0 January 6th 06 04:19 AM
L.E. Cycling Prints benefit non-profit Cycling Group Gary Coles UK 2 April 3rd 05 08:59 PM