E-type derailleur adjustment?

Old October 24th 05, 04:26 AM
Dave

Default E-type derailleur adjustment?

Anyone know whether its possible to adjust the vertical position on a
Shimano E-type MTB front derailleur? Can't find service instructions
and I'd rather not bother to pull the crank off if I can't (can't
access the bolts otherwise).

Old October 24th 05, 05:46 PM
JeffWills

Dave wrote:
Anyone know whether its possible to adjust the vertical position on a
Shimano E-type MTB front derailleur? Can't find service instructions
and I'd rather not bother to pull the crank off if I can't (can't
access the bolts otherwise).

There's a tiny bit of adjustment, if I'm looking at the exploded view
correctly.

Exploded view:
http://tinyurl.com/brdrj
Service instructions:
http://tinyurl.com/dljpj

Jeff

Old October 25th 05, 12:11 AM
Dave

You are indeed correct. Yanked the crank, there's about 5mm of
vertical adjustment.