Brake Bits?

Old August 3rd 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ernst Blofeld

Default Brake Bits?

I'm transfering some components to a new frame. The Ultegra brakes
require a longer brake mounting bolt/pivot bolt to handle the thicker
seat stay bridge on the new frame.

Any idea where I can order up some longer bolts for this? Do the big
catalog sites even carry these parts?

Old August 3rd 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 2 Aug 2006 16:22:55 -0700, "Ernst Blofeld"
wrote:

I'm transfering some components to a new frame. The Ultegra brakes
require a longer brake mounting bolt/pivot bolt to handle the thicker
seat stay bridge on the new frame.

Any idea where I can order up some longer bolts for this?
Do the big
catalog sites even carry these parts?

I think you could try a longer nut.

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...1691&c=1201556

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 3rd 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JeffWills

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

I think you could try a longer nut.

Speaking! I'm 6-foot-4 and pretty nutty... just ask my wife!

Oh, wait...

Anyway- I agree with John. Longer "allen" nuts are pretty common. If
your LBS doesn't have some, you can order them:
http://tinyurl.com/gudhy

Jeff

Old August 3rd 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Ernst Blofeld wrote:
I'm transfering some components to a new frame. The Ultegra brakes
require a longer brake mounting bolt/pivot bolt to handle the thicker
seat stay bridge on the new frame.

Any idea where I can order up some longer bolts for this? Do the big
catalog sites even carry these parts?

Might try a decent bike shop first if you have one around...very common
for a good one to have various lengths of brake 'nuts'..

Old August 3rd 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JeffWills

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Ernst Blofeld wrote:
I'm transfering some components to a new frame. The Ultegra brakes
require a longer brake mounting bolt/pivot bolt to handle the thicker
seat stay bridge on the new frame.

Any idea where I can order up some longer bolts for this? Do the big
catalog sites even carry these parts?

Might try a decent bike shop first if you have one around...very common
for a good one to have various lengths of brake 'nuts'..

Maybe that's why Landis tested positive- he was using the wrong length
nuts!

(Pulls pin, throws, ducks and runs...) :-)

Jeff