Centre pull brake bits

Old July 29th 07, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bill

Default Centre pull brake bits

I am getting all nostalgic in my old age, and wanting to go back to basics
on the type of bike I used to race on in the 60's and 70's. I have an old
Holdsworth frame, had it powder coated, and pretty well finished the
rebuild using components from the era. The only think I cannot find are
hangers for the centre pull brake cables. As I remember they fastened under
the headset lock nut, and at the back, were secured by the seat tube nut.
My local LBS were no help (a couple of weeks ago the spotty little oik
informed me it was not possible to buy spoke magnets without buying a
complete computer). I have searched Google and ebay to no avail. Anyone
any ideas other than fitting side pulls. I would really like to use the
original Weimann centre pulls.

Bill

Old July 29th 07, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RG

Two possibilities ... Decathlon still sell some of these bits (or they do in
France) certainly the seat bolt hanger

OR I have lots of odd bits (including complete Weinmann centre pull sets)
from the (too many!) bikes I have refurbished/taken to pieces/stolen bits
from for other projects - if you go to my website at beewee dot co
dot uk and e-mail info AT the domain with your e-mail addy
I'll get in touch (I don't want to post a real e-mail addy here for the
Spam harvesters to capture)

You're welcome to what you require

RG

Old July 29th 07, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark McNeill

Response to Bill:
The only think I cannot find are
hangers for the centre pull brake cables. As I remember they fastened under
the headset lock nut, and at the back, were secured by the seat tube nut.
My local LBS were no help (a couple of weeks ago the spotty little oik
informed me it was not possible to buy spoke magnets without buying a
complete computer). I have searched Google and ebay to no avail. Anyone
any ideas other than fitting side pulls. I would really like to use the
original Weimann centre pulls.

I got a front cable hanger from a grimy tupperware box of odds & ends in
my tiny traditional LBS years ago, which unless you live in or near
Macclesfield isn't a great deal of use; but I got my rear cable hanger
at outrageous expense [outrageous including p&p, that is, so slightly
less outrageous if you buy other stuff as well] from St John Street
Cycles, who seem to do fronts as well -

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/category-...angers-683.htm

--
Mark, UK
"CYCLIST WEDS - - News? Faith then I can't see it. Why, pray, should
Old July 29th 07, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bill

"Mark McNeill" wrote in message
Response to Bill:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/category-...angers-683.htm

Thank you for that Mark, I have ordered what I need so should be soon mobile
again!

Bill

Old July 29th 07, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bill

"RG" nochance wrote in message
Two possibilities ... Decathlon still sell some of these bits (or they do
in France) certainly the seat bolt hanger

OR I have lots of odd bits (including complete Weinmann centre pull sets)
from the (too many!) bikes I have refurbished/taken to pieces/stolen bits
from for other projects - if you go to my website at beewee dot
co dot uk and e-mail info AT the domain with your e-mail
addy I'll get in touch (I don't want to post a real e-mail addy here for
the Spam harvesters to capture)

You're welcome to what you require

Thanks for the kind offer, but I have the brake units, and have ordered the
hangers.

Bill

old centre pull brakes [email protected] UK 9 March 1st 07 12:16 AM
Disk Brake ISO/Centre-Lock Jeff Techniques 3 February 24th 07 07:28 PM
Brake Bits? Ernst Blofeld Techniques 4 August 3rd 06 05:57 PM
Drum brake cable pull meb Techniques 4 April 25th 05 07:21 AM
Linear pull brake levers??? Pizza Man Techniques 66 October 6th 04 07:28 PM