I was misled

Old July 3rd 04, 04:47 AM
Tom Sherman

Default I was misled

Mark Hickey wrote:

wrote:

http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1310344&l=43371

Yep, it's still misleading all right.

The story says that Ridge says we're now compliant.

The GAO says last report they did we weren't yet.

They try to twist that to make you think the GAO report contradicts
Ridge....

I believe that Ridge meant to say, "firm, yet compliant".

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old July 3rd 04, 05:01 AM
S o r n i

Tom Sherman wrote:
andres muro wrote:

...I do spell like a nincaupoop
and I am not sure how to do a spell check aside from copying and
pasting the entire text in Word and then repasting it here...

And what exactly is the problem with doing that? I have posted a few
thousand messages to Usenet that were spell checked with a word
processor.

If Andres has Word, why would he have to do that? Tools, Options, Spelling,
check box, presto.

Bill "word" S.

Old July 3rd 04, 05:12 AM
Tim McNamara

More interesting reading material for the misled:

http://www.house.gov/reform/min/politicsandscience/
Old July 3rd 04, 11:01 AM
andres muro

"S o r n i" wrote in message .. .
Tom Sherman wrote:
andres muro wrote:

...I do spell like a nincaupoop
and I am not sure how to do a spell check aside from copying and
pasting the entire text in Word and then repasting it here...

And what exactly is the problem with doing that? I have posted a few
thousand messages to Usenet that were spell checked with a word
processor.

If Andres has Word, why would he have to do that? Tools, Options, Spelling,
check box, presto.

Bill "word" S.

Tom's idea is too hard for me. I only do it when I am trying to
impress someone or to make a point. For cathartic exercises, I don't
care that much.
Regardign your idea bill, I don't have a tool icon w/spell check. I am
posting from Google groups. The icons that I have in my tool bars are
the internet explorer icons.

Andres
Old July 3rd 04, 03:35 PM
Mark Hickey

Tom Sherman wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

wrote:

http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1310344&l=43371

Yep, it's still misleading all right.

The story says that Ridge says we're now compliant.

The GAO says last report they did we weren't yet.

They try to twist that to make you think the GAO report contradicts
Ridge....

I believe that Ridge meant to say, "firm, yet compliant".

From a polititian (or most bicycle marketing departments), that's
about as good as it gets... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old July 3rd 04, 11:34 PM
A Muzi

S o r n i wrote:
If Andres has Word, why would he have to do that? Tools, Options, Spelling,
check box, presto.
Bill "word" S.

yeah, but Edlin is so less cluttered.

--