pics of Cheseboro Cyn

Old April 12th 04, 09:18 PM
Bruce Edge

Default pics of Cheseboro Cyn

Can you guys get to this URL?

http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=1458172

I hope it's not one of those stupid ass membership only things.

Anyways, it's Cheseboro Cyn, So Cal.
Started 5:45 AM, yeah, I know, but I gotta ride and I gotta work.
http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum...1458172&Page=1

Sorry, kinda hazy this morning. Have light weight XC bike for a while,
so nothing nasty, just lotsa climbing so I can keep my legs.

Got back to car, there's loaner bike too.
http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum...1458172&Page=1

Everything that's not broken on my joker:
http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum...1458172&Page=1
Well, the wheels are OK too, but it's just so damn sad to see it that way.

Check out the 1st link for all pics, don't have time for the detailed
RR. well, climb, climb, haul ass DH, climb,.... you get the idea.

So, if you can see the pics, I'll try again when it's clearer, the
visibility really sucked today. Usually you can see the ocean from up there.

-Bruce
Old April 12th 04, 09:24 PM
Stephen Baker

Bruce says:

Can you guys get to this URL?

http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=1458172

I hope it's not one of those stupid ass membership only things.

Yup. It is....

Steve
Old April 12th 04, 09:24 PM
Penny S

Bruce Edge wrote:
Can you guys get to this URL?

http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=1458172

I hope it's not one of those stupid ass membership only things.

yes, it is.

Old April 12th 04, 09:35 PM
Bruce Edge

Default OT, freebie pic hosting with FTP access?

Stephen Baker wrote:
Bruce says:

Can you guys get to this URL?

http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=1458172

I hope it's not one of those stupid ass membership only things.

Yup. It is....

Steve

Aw crap, what does everyone else use for a freebie post pics site that
allows ftp access?

-Bruce
Old April 12th 04, 09:56 PM
Jason

* Bruce Edge :
Stephen Baker wrote:
Bruce says:

Can you guys get to this URL?

http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=1458172

I hope it's not one of those stupid ass membership only things.

Yup. It is....

Steve

Aw crap, what does everyone else use for a freebie post pics site that
allows ftp access?

-Bruce

Set up your own server? Yes it's most likely breaking your TOS but how
much traffic will it really generate? Enough for them to notice? Not
likely.

Jason
Old April 12th 04, 10:08 PM
Matthew Paterson

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:56:55 +0000, Jason wrote:

Set up your own server? Yes it's most likely breaking your TOS but how
much traffic will it really generate? Enough for them to notice? Not
likely.

I doubt it would break the TOS, I think only if you use it for
money-making purposes (ie. a business) a few pictures wont hurt.

2c

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Old April 12th 04, 11:50 PM
Michael Paul

one work around is to post the pictures to http://www.mtbr.com and then just
copy the URL to the image into your newsgroup posting.

My ISP gives me 5 meg of space which is fine for the random picture post
that I make.

many of the freebie hostings also allow FTP access to let you post pictures
and then supply the URL for direct viewing.

Michael

Old April 12th 04, 11:55 PM
Penny S

Michael Paul wrote:
one work around is to post the pictures to http://www.mtbr.com and
then just copy the URL to the image into your newsgroup posting.

My ISP gives me 5 meg of space which is fine for the random picture
post that I make.

many of the freebie hostings also allow FTP access to let you post
pictures and then supply the URL for direct viewing.

Michael

I get 10 megs with my account, aside form the 25 I have with my domain.
None of it's free but really, you can get it pretty cheap these days

penny

Old April 13th 04, 12:08 AM
Bruce Edge

Michael Paul wrote:
one work around is to post the pictures to http://www.mtbr.com and then just
copy the URL to the image into your newsgroup posting.

My ISP gives me 5 meg of space which is fine for the random picture post
that I make.

many of the freebie hostings also allow FTP access to let you post pictures
and then supply the URL for direct viewing.

Michael

Egads it would take too long to fiddle with their "upload image" thing
for each one, I just want to do an "mput *" to drop a bunch of images
somewhere all at once.
Seems like everywhere you can do that requires a friggin membership.
I looked at my ISP, jeez, that thing is setup for idiots. All you can do
is use their "web page wizard" thingamjig.

Well, someday, I'll post some pics.

-Bruce
Old April 13th 04, 02:03 AM
G.T.

Bruce Edge wrote:
Michael Paul wrote:

one work around is to post the pictures to http://www.mtbr.com and
then just
copy the URL to the image into your newsgroup posting.

My ISP gives me 5 meg of space which is fine for the random picture post
that I make.

many of the freebie hostings also allow FTP access to let you post
pictures
and then supply the URL for direct viewing.

Michael

Egads it would take too long to fiddle with their "upload image" thing
for each one, I just want to do an "mput *" to drop a bunch of images
somewhere all at once.
Seems like everywhere you can do that requires a friggin membership.
I looked at my ISP, jeez, that thing is setup for idiots. All you can do
is use their "web page wizard" thingamjig.

You may want to ask tech support. My last couple of ISPs didn't publicize
the fact that you could still use FTP.

Greg