Wind?:

Old April 15th 04, 09:46 AM
Shaun Rimmer

Default Wind?:

So, you're JRA, and suddenly, a relentless head wind slams you, stealing
your speed and sapping your energy.

You take a 45 deg. bend to the left, and the wind is still pointedly a
relentless head wind.

You take a chicane, still a headwind all the way around.

You take a long sweeping right that all but doubles back on itself, and,
still a bloody headwind.

Ad infinitum et nausium (whathehellever blah blah blah...).

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

Shaun aRe 'baffled'.

Old April 15th 04, 09:58 AM
spademan o---[\) *

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message
So, you're JRA, and suddenly, a relentless head wind slams you, stealing
your speed and sapping your energy.

You take a 45 deg. bend to the left, and the wind is still pointedly a
relentless head wind.

You take a chicane, still a headwind all the way around.

You take a long sweeping right that all but doubles back on itself, and,
still a bloody headwind.

Ad infinitum et nausium (whathehellever blah blah blah...).

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

Shaun aRe 'baffled'.

you're riding behind someone who had scrambled egg and beans for breakfast?

Steve.

Old April 15th 04, 10:02 AM
Shaun Rimmer

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message
So, you're JRA, and suddenly, a relentless head wind slams you, stealing
your speed and sapping your energy.

You take a 45 deg. bend to the left, and the wind is still pointedly a
relentless head wind.

You take a chicane, still a headwind all the way around.

You take a long sweeping right that all but doubles back on itself, and,
still a bloody headwind.

Ad infinitum et nausium (whathehellever blah blah blah...).

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

Shaun aRe 'baffled'.

you're riding behind someone who had scrambled egg and beans for

breakfast?

Hey, serious answers only, tw*tty-botty-cu*ty-chops, OK?!?!?

Harrumph!

Shaun aRe

Old April 15th 04, 10:25 AM
spademan o---[\) *

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

you're riding behind someone who had scrambled egg and beans for

breakfast?

Hey, serious answers only, tw*tty-botty-cu*ty-chops, OK?!?!?

Harrumph!

Shaun aRe

I'm detecting some degree of frustration today Shaun...

Old April 15th 04, 10:45 AM
bomba

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:46:45 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

Having a good day Shaun?

Local climatology at ground level can be greatly influenced by many
factors. Channeling due to local topography or man-made structures is
probably your greatest foe. If you're riding in a hilly area, anabatic /
katabatic influences may also exist.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Old April 15th 04, 10:49 AM
Shaun Rimmer

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in

message

you're riding behind someone who had scrambled egg and beans for

breakfast?

Hey, serious answers only, tw*tty-botty-cu*ty-chops, OK?!?!?

Harrumph!

Shaun aRe

I'm detecting some degree of frustration today Shaun...

Gee Stevie, what unusually sharp, very finely tuned senses you have!

',;~P

Shaun aRe

Old April 15th 04, 10:53 AM
Shaun Rimmer

"bomba" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:46:45 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

Having a good day Shaun?

Yes thanks. And you?

Local climatology at ground level can be greatly influenced by many
factors.

Yes, no news there dude!

Channeling due to local topography or man-made structures is
probably your greatest foe.

Or here, either...

If you're riding in a hilly area, anabatic /
katabatic influences may also exist.

I'm riding, at this point, right across the top of a big, high-ish open
hill, with only low walls nearby. I can literally turn a right angle and not
have the previous headwind, wind hit me sideways on! Madness it is...I tells
ya, madness...

Shaun aRe - it's got it in for me this wind, it has!

Old April 15th 04, 12:29 PM
Stephen Baker

Shaun,
It was a totally windless day, and you were riding too fast.

;-)

Steve
Old April 15th 04, 12:47 PM
bomba

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:53:06 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

I'm riding, at this point, right across the top of a big, high-ish open
hill, with only low walls nearby. I can literally turn a right angle and not
have the previous headwind, wind hit me sideways on! Madness it is...I tells
ya, madness...

God hates you. HTH

Old April 15th 04, 01:48 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message

Shaun,
It was a totally windless day, and you were riding too fast.

BINGO! Cheers Steve, knew someone would figure it out in the end...

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Just finished 207 Mile ride (and I need to brag ;-) Long Neil Cherry General 17 June 17th 04 03:51 AM
How is the weather where you are? Marlene Blanshay General 37 May 19th 04 09:14 PM
wind techniques ?? Ravi General 33 April 25th 04 03:27 AM
Need Recommendations: Good Spinning Songs YourSon General 24 March 11th 04 05:00 AM
What's the heaviest wind you will ride in? M. Barbee General 34 October 12th 03 11:57 PM