Wind?:

Old April 15th 04, 01:48 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Default Wind?:

"bomba" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:53:06 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

I'm riding, at this point, right across the top of a big, high-ish open
hill, with only low walls nearby. I can literally turn a right angle and

not
have the previous headwind, wind hit me sideways on! Madness it is...I

tells
ya, madness...

God hates you. HTH

There is no god. HTH.

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Old April 15th 04, 01:50 PM
Shawn Curry

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
So, you're JRA, and suddenly, a relentless head wind slams you, stealing
your speed and sapping your energy.

You take a 45 deg. bend to the left, and the wind is still pointedly a
relentless head wind.

You take a chicane, still a headwind all the way around.

You take a long sweeping right that all but doubles back on itself, and,
still a bloody headwind.

Ad infinitum et nausium (whathehellever blah blah blah...).

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

The wind doesn't blow. You suck.

Sorry, too obvious.

Really? Rotten luck. Were you riding down wind of big (ie 400-500
foot) hills or mountains? Lots of random swirling can go on in these
circumstances. Chances are they won't all swirl into your face. Guess
you beat the odds.

Shawn
Old April 15th 04, 01:54 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

Hey, serious answers only, tw*tty-botty-cu*ty-chops, OK?!?!?

Harrumph!

Shaun aRe

I'm detecting some degree of frustration today Shaun...

Gee Stevie, what unusually sharp, very finely tuned senses you have!

',;~P

Shaun aRe

Good, for a minute there I thought it was just because you were a grumpy
northern *******.

Steve.

Old April 15th 04, 02:03 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in

message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

Hey, serious answers only, tw*tty-botty-cu*ty-chops, OK?!?!?

Harrumph!

Shaun aRe

I'm detecting some degree of frustration today Shaun...

Gee Stevie, what unusually sharp, very finely tuned senses you have!

',;~P

Shaun aRe

Good, for a minute there I thought it was just because you were a grumpy
northern *******.

Nah, not me mate! ',;~}~

This has been winding me up for some time now, so this rant is long
over-due, as is some action on my part. My commutes are vehicular hell as it
is, without this added hassle. I was gonna take my camera with me, so I had
photos as added clout. I remembered to do it just as easter started, and,
the main culprits being parents waiting for kids after school, the problem
had bloody gone hadn't it.

So, I'll take my camera after the hols, thinks I, but guess what, it's gone
AFU now and doesn't work! Typical...

Shaun aRe - It's a conspiracy I tells ya...

Old April 15th 04, 02:05 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"Shawn Curry" wrote in message
newsyvfc.42675$_K3.207151@attbi_s53...
Shaun Rimmer wrote:
So, you're JRA, and suddenly, a relentless head wind slams you, stealing
your speed and sapping your energy.

You take a 45 deg. bend to the left, and the wind is still pointedly a
relentless head wind.

You take a chicane, still a headwind all the way around.

You take a long sweeping right that all but doubles back on itself, and,
still a bloody headwind.

Ad infinitum et nausium (whathehellever blah blah blah...).

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

The wind doesn't blow. You suck.

Sorry, too obvious.

Yeah. Damn you anyway.

Really? Rotten luck. Were you riding down wind of big (ie 400-500
foot) hills or mountains?

Nope - this is commuting, over the top of a big hill.

Lots of random swirling can go on in these
circumstances. Chances are they won't all swirl into your face. Guess
you beat the odds.

I'm good at that.

Shaun aRe

Old April 15th 04, 03:54 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

[...]

Cheers up lad! at least its not raining. Oh look.

Steve.

Old April 15th 04, 04:04 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

snipped some blue bits

[...]

Hey, I'm not sad, I'm angry! The difference may be a bit over-subtle for
you, I know, but to most, it is indeed quite a difference.

Oh, and it ain't raining here, so 'ner' ',;~P

Shaun aRe

Old April 15th 04, 04:23 PM
djarvinen

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message ...
So, you're JRA, and suddenly, a relentless head wind slams you, stealing
your speed and sapping your energy.

You take a 45 deg. bend to the left, and the wind is still pointedly a
relentless head wind.

You take a chicane, still a headwind all the way around.

You take a long sweeping right that all but doubles back on itself, and,
still a bloody headwind.

Ad infinitum et nausium (whathehellever blah blah blah...).

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

Shaun aRe 'baffled'.

You got buff legs, and you goin' too fast!

DJ
Old April 16th 04, 12:39 AM
Marty

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message
So, you're JRA, and suddenly, a relentless head wind slams you, stealing
your speed and sapping your energy.

You take a 45 deg. bend to the left, and the wind is still pointedly a
relentless head wind.

You take a chicane, still a headwind all the way around.

You take a long sweeping right that all but doubles back on itself, and,
still a bloody headwind.

Ad infinitum et nausium (whathehellever blah blah blah...).

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

Shaun aRe 'baffled'.

From Smokey and the Bandit, "Cause you're an asshole Roscoe".

Sorry Shaun. Had to be done.

Marty

Old April 16th 04, 10:28 AM
Shaun Rimmer

"Marty" wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message
So, you're JRA, and suddenly, a relentless head wind slams you, stealing
your speed and sapping your energy.

You take a 45 deg. bend to the left, and the wind is still pointedly a
relentless head wind.

You take a chicane, still a headwind all the way around.

You take a long sweeping right that all but doubles back on itself, and,
still a bloody headwind.

Ad infinitum et nausium (whathehellever blah blah blah...).

So, wise folks, laymen and meteorologists, HOW TF _IS_ that
possible?!?!?!?!?

Huh?!?!?!?

Shaun aRe 'baffled'.

From Smokey and the Bandit, "Cause you're an asshole Roscoe".

No I'm not.

Sorry Shaun.

No you're not.

Had to be done.

No it didn't.

**** you and the whores you rode in on?

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Just finished 207 Mile ride (and I need to brag ;-) Long Neil Cherry General 17 June 17th 04 03:51 AM
How is the weather where you are? Marlene Blanshay General 37 May 19th 04 09:14 PM
wind techniques ?? Ravi General 33 April 25th 04 03:27 AM
Need Recommendations: Good Spinning Songs YourSon General 24 March 11th 04 05:00 AM
What's the heaviest wind you will ride in? M. Barbee General 34 October 12th 03 11:57 PM