What size tube inside a KH Trials 20"

Old December 4th 04, 09:15 PM
iamthewaltrus

Default What size tube inside a KH Trials 20"

Well, what size tube should I have inside of a KH Trials 20"

--
iamthewaltrus - The Dynamic
iamthewaltrus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6274

Old December 4th 04, 09:44 PM
digitalattrition

I think it is 20"x2.125"

--
digitalattrition - Single Wheeled Attack Team

Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are
nothing but targets, nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have
them...They make the battle. Ah, but the one, one of them is a
warrior...and He will bring the others back.
-Hericletus (circa 500 B.C.)

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

Old December 4th 04, 09:53 PM
muniracer

thats right. when you put the tube in the tire, it may look
ridiculously undersized, but once its pumped up itll be fine.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old May 10th 05, 05:16 AM
TonyMelton

I've wondered about this myself. I'd like to see a larger purpose built
inner tube for 19" trials tyres. Like the 24x3" and 26x3" inners, a
20x2.5" inner would be good. I like to run relatively low pressure in
my trials uni, which gives it better 'feel' IMO, but has the
disadvantage of being more susceptible to pinch flats. Bring on the
20x2.5" inners!

+()|\|-

--
TonyMelton - Head in the clouds

2005 Auckland Muni and Trials Weekend on April 23 to 25 in Auckland. Be
there! 'Muni weekend information and registration'
(http://tinyurl.com/4fagw)
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old May 10th 05, 07:20 AM
markf

i actually talked with GB4 about this very thing today. basically a
larger tube helps prevent side wall folding. he suggested 2 things: 1)
he's heard of someone running a moped (scooter) tube in one before.
heavy but really sturdy, and 2) finding out what tubes come in those
wal-mart chopped bikes with the 20x3 inch tires.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old May 10th 05, 12:27 PM
mango

I snagged a small trailer tire replacement tube at an outdoors shop here
in germany. Its beefier and wider than your average tube. It is a little
heavier but its certainly worth it. The little beast has lasted me over
a year while i used to go through regular tubes every one or two
months.

Im sorry i cant give you more info on it right now. If i take the tube
out someday ill take a pic or read if it has anything written on it. Ill
also try to remember which shop i got it from and if i can get more info
from 'em.

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

*I never post drunk but I always post stupid. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old May 10th 05, 01:38 PM
wendino

Hi,

that`s why I sell this 'tube' (http://tinyurl.com/bqt9t) in my shop

Cheers

Roland

--
wendino - municycle.com

'municycle.com - unicycle store' (http://municycle.com)
wendino's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/689

Old May 10th 05, 10:11 PM
markf

that's a moped tire made by continental.

Old May 11th 05, 12:37 AM
TonyMelton

Has anyone tried 'this 20 x 3\" inner tube?' (http://tinyurl.com/98y9d)
or even this '20 x 4\" inner' (http://tinyurl.com/cpoqh)?
These are both Innova inner tubes designed for fat 20" tyres.

+()|\|-