Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old September 20th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

you don't wear a helmet while riding your uni, Naughty naughty!

--
1wheelwonder

I AM the ninja unicyclist! KIIIAAAAIIIII!!!!
Old September 22nd 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Connahhh

A group of girls in a car were yelling to me like crazy. "Youre awesome!
Youre crazy!" etc. Finally one asks if she can take my picture and I
respond with "Only if I can take yours!" which brought on many giggles
and blushing.

And then they drove off. So close yet so far.

--
Connahhh
Old September 22nd 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

I was riding my 36er on the beach bike path a few days ago, and some guy
started laughing as I was approaching. He was walking backwards watching
me as I was about to pass him, and laughing in a really exaggerated
manner, and yelled out, "that's so $##%%## lame!". Then right as I
passed, he was starting to turn around to continue his rant, and he
tripped and fell smack on his ass! I lol'd mine off!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 22nd 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Connahhh

MuniAddict wrote:
I was riding my 36er on the beach bike path a few days ago, and some guy
started laughing as I was approaching. He was walking backwards watching
me as I was about to pass him, and laughing in a really exaggerated
manner, and yelled out, "that's so $##%%## lame!". Then right as I
passed, he was starting to turn around to continue his rant, and he
tripped and fell smack on his ass! I lol'd mine off!

You sure you didn't punch him in the face without realizing it, causing
him to fall? I probably would have dismounted and talked to him a bit in
a friendly manner.

But hey, at least it ended up for the better!

--
Connahhh
Old September 22nd 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Connahhh wrote:
You sure you didn't punch him in the face without realizing it, causing
him to fall? I probably would have dismounted and talked to him a bit
in a friendly manner.

But hey, at least it ended up for the better!

I never said a word but rather just smiled and didn't really react until
he fell. It was pretty funny but he was ok. 99% of the time ppl are
positive and have great comments. There will always be those who
whistle or hum that dreaded circus theme, make the "where's your other
wheel" comments and so on. Comes with the territory but I've noticed it
less and less as time goes by.

Old September 22nd 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jamie33

Have had the "Where's the other wheel?" comment many times, and have
given the same response each time;

"It's a unicycle, it only has 1 wheel."

--
Jamie33
Old September 25th 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gadge

I know this doesn't quite fit here but...

Riding around the water sports centre I came back over the bridge that
passes over the white water rafting area. It looked like the local fire
service were practicing rescues from the water as guys were floating
down the rapids in survival suits and a team in a dinghy were trying to
pick them up.

I had to try so hard to resist shouting "Where's your boat?"

--
Gadge

Wanting to hop, drop and do fiddly stuff! (Blatantly plagarised from
Mikefule)

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
(Thanks to Harper)

So are imaginary logs what you ride on a Mun"i" ?
Old September 25th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Connahhh

Gadge wrote:
I know this doesn't quite fit here but...

Riding around the water sports centre I came back over the bridge that
passes over the white water rafting area. It looked like the local fire
service were practicing rescues from the water as guys were floating
down the rapids in survival suits and a team in a dinghy were trying to
pick them up.

I had to try so hard to resist shouting "Where's your boat?"

Should have said it. Plus, one might have been a unicyclist, in which
case they would have absolutely burst out laughing.

--
Connahhh
Old September 25th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gadge

Connahhh wrote:
Should have said it. Plus, one might have been a unicyclist, in which
case they would have absolutely burst out laughing.

It was very tempting, but there was also a group of them standing just
at the end of the bridge watching and videoing. I just knew if I
shouted it I'd mess up the drop off the end of the bridge and UPD in
front of them

Old September 26th 08, 10:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

Gadge;1102839 wrote:

Riding around the water sports centre

You do know Mikefule, don't you?

Just checking.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)