Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old September 26th 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gadge

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

GILD;1103181 wrote:
You do know Mikefule, don't you?

Just checking.

I do indeed, it's his fault I'm now riding a Uni and on this forum

--
Gadge

Wanting to hop, drop and do fiddly stuff! (Blatantly plagarised from
Mikefule)

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
(Thanks to Harper)

So are imaginary logs what you ride on a Mun"i" ?
Old September 26th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nurse Ben

Where I ride there are tons of mountain bikers, but muni is totally new,
so much so that many times I'll have someone pass me and it'll take them
a while to realize that I was on a unicycle. A couple times I've seen
folks in the parking lot who had ridden by me on the trail, it's only on
a second look that they say: "Whoa, you're on a unicycle".

Funny stuff, people really don't know what to make of a muni. They
figure it's impossible, so that can't be real.

--
Nurse Ben
Old September 26th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

Nurse Ben;1103259 wrote:
Where I ride there are tons of mountain bikers, but muni is totally new,
so much so that many times I'll have someone pass me and it'll take them
a while to realize that I was on a unicycle. A couple times I've seen
folks in the parking lot who had ridden by me on the trail, it's only on
a second look that they say: "Whoa, you're on a unicycle".

Funny stuff, people really don't know what to make of a muni. They
figure it's impossible, so that can't be real.

Lol, same here, it's hard for me to comprehend how they can see me
riding for several hundred feet before it sinks in and they realize its
not a bike. Even when I'm running errands, I'll leave my coker by the
door, and it won't occur to the people hanging around outside that it's
a uni until I jump on it and ride away.

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.
Old September 26th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

This was from me to a guy I see at the beach all the time; he rides a
tricycle "people-mover" thing with a seat for two in the back, and
charges for tours along the beach. But on this day he was riding his
regular two-wheeled bike as it was his day off.

There was only ONE thing I could say!

"WHERE'S YOUR OTHER WHEEL!!??"

28784

|Filename: bike taxi.jpg |

MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 26th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gadge

MuniAddict;1103313 wrote:
This was from me to a guy I see at the beach all the time; he rides a
tricycle "people-mover" thing with a seat for two in the back, and
charges for tours along the beach. But on this day he was riding his
regular two-wheeled bike as it was his day off.

There was only ONE thing I could say!

"WHERE'S YOUR OTHER WHEEL!!??"

A wonderful opportunity well taken

Old September 26th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Gadge;1103314 wrote:
A wonderful opportunity well taken

Haha yeah I couldn't resist! He's a nice guy and also rides a uni, and
has been helpful to me with tools when I needed them.

Old September 27th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nannerdw

Usually the only comments I get are from people who want to try to ride
it. Every time I let someone try it out I tell them to hold onto
something stable, and they always try to step on the upper pedal and get
confused when the wheel rolls out in front of them.

The other day, I let some guy try it out as his girlfriend took
pictures of him falling off, and then as I rode away he yelled, "Hey, do
you want a beer?" I guess that was his way of being friendly, but I
don't care anything about drinking. I just told him, "Nope, have fun
with that" and rode away one-footed.

The best comment was from this guy who said, "Hey, I had one of those a
long time ago. Do you mind if I ride it?" He got on and started riding
in circles with this huge smile on his face. He said he would like to
get into riding again, and I told him to check out unicycle.com

--
nannerdw
Old September 28th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chrome

I was out riding a footpath. I was getting kind of rubber legged from
pushing my riding distance and I had a little trouble with my free
mount.
A guy sees that I'm having trouble, and offers "hey can I give you a
hand?" I reply that I've always found applause quite inspiring, but I'll
get it in a few more tries. Twice more and I'm up riding
away....:

Cr

--
chrome
Old September 28th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

I have been ill all the week ... so this morning I was unable to attend
a MTB event with the Paris south-west Muni gang
I stayed in bed and at 11 I decided to try some MuniTherapy and went
into the woods.
So I met this young yuppie mother with two toddlers:
"-hey children: look this gentleman on one wheel-"
I made a 90 turn to enter a path ...
"-waw, he does ride well ..-."
then I plunged in a steep slope in the woods
(to me) " -oh PLEASE, be careful ! do take care!!-"
I was touched: a mother is a mother ...

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
Old September 28th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

wobbling bear;1104091 wrote:
I have been ill all the week ... so this morning I was unable to attend
a MTB event with the Paris south-west Muni gang
I stayed in bed and at 11 I decided to try some MuniTherapy and went
into the woods.
So I met this young yuppie mother with two toddlers:
"-hey children: look this gentleman on one wheel-"
I made a 90 turn to enter a path ...
"-waw, he does ride well ..-."
then I plunged in a steep slope in the woods
(to me) " -oh PLEASE, be careful ! do take care!!-"
I was touched: a mother is a mother ...

Good thing she wasnt a yuppie a-hole. Lol.

OH! I forgot to say some quotes i got riding in duluth minnesota at the
end of summer.

I had one of a man telling me to ride down the steps there, then
another of 2 security gaurds from the park, (i thought they were walking
over to tell me to stop). They came over, and watched me do a trials
line, then applauded and smiled. It was cool lol. Then while some trial
bicyclists and I were riding around doing some lines (thanks for
inviting me Brian), people took a lot of pictures of us. It was raining
that day.... It was just drizzling out a little every now and then,
getting nothing wet. then at around when everyone was supposed to meet,
it just started to rain harder, and everything was soaked lol. it was
still fun.

I also rode at a Harvest Festival for a Farmer Market a few weeks back.
That was good, i talked to a juggler there (he was the performer for the
event), Jake Krueger (spelling?), anyway, he was cool. He was pretty
funny imho.
I rode behind the event, as to attract as little attention as possible,
which still was a bit (i dont like people watching). I just got people
muttering things to their children like "look at Him! Hes riding a
UNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIII-CCCCCCCYYYYYYYCCCCCCCCCLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE"

yeah. lol.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)