Question for Phillip......

Old October 22nd 04, 04:42 AM
crit pro

Default Question for Phillip......

Will you be one of the 10,000 asshole lawyers that Kerry will have
working at the polls looking for any evidence of fraud on November
2nd?

If so (which I think yes), you are pond scum.

cp
Old October 22nd 04, 04:53 AM
Danny Callen

"crit pro" wrote in message
om...
Will you be one of the 10,000 asshole lawyers that Kerry will have
working at the polls looking for any evidence of fraud on November
2nd?

If so (which I think yes), you are pond scum.

cp

Now that's funny! I don;t care who you are.

Larry The Cable Guy

Old October 22nd 04, 04:55 AM
Keith Alexander®

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:52:34 -0700, "Philip W. Moore, Jr."
wrote:

(he was a pretty good Governor)

*** Except for the record executions, eh?

http://www.bushkills.com

---
k e i t h a l e x a n d e r
http://www.nootrope.net
http://www.modernamerican.com
aim: nootrope9 vote

- - e n d t r a n s m i s s i o n - -
Old October 22nd 04, 05:02 AM
Keith Alexander®

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:01:30 -0700, "Philip W. Moore, Jr."
wrote:

But it's pretty hard to call it cruel and unusual

*** Cruel and unusual?

Nah.

Just wrong.

---

Old October 22nd 04, 06:52 AM
Philip W. Moore, Jr.

Well, hhmmnn. The founder of my law firm, Fred Baron, is the campaign
finance coordinator for Kerry-Edwards Victory 2004. I am the DFW-area
coordinator for David Van Os (D) for Texas Supreme Court. I hate Bush, 99%
of what he's done since becoming president (he was a pretty good Governor),
and want Kerry to be president.

But no, I'm not going to Florida. I could, but I think being a precinct
judge here in Texas on November 2nd is more important that flooding Florida
with lawyers. Many of my friends are going, though.

As for pond scum, nah. I'm a lawyer, so I'm lower than that. Don't flatter
me.

Am I to take it that you think going to court to prevent votes from being
uncounted is a bad thing? Do you know what happened in Fla. last time? You
oughta read the pleadings. I'll send them to you if you'd like. Shoot me
an email if you do. I can send links or .pdf files.
om...

Old October 22nd 04, 07:01 AM
Philip W. Moore, Jr.

Yes, except for the record executions. I am don't like the death penalty at all. But it's pretty hard to call it cruel and unusual and unconstitutional when the constitution itself mentions it as a punishment.

Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Old October 22nd 04, 07:07 AM
Philip W. Moore, Jr.

I agree with you 100%. I just am tired of court challenges when this is a
legislative matter to be taken up by congress and passed along to the public
for a vote.

The constitution is not a statute that can be modified easily. It's not
supposed to be that way. But when we have scientifically bullet proof
evidence that people on death row, who are later cleared with DNA testing,
didn't commit the crime it's high time the Republicans and Democrats quit
playing partisan politics and stop the death penalty.

Old October 22nd 04, 03:31 PM
giantcu92

wrote:

But it's pretty hard to call it cruel and unusual

*** Cruel and unusual?

Nah.

Just wrong.

---
k e i t h a l e x a n d e r
'http://www.nootrope.net' (http://www.nootrope.net/)
'http://www.modernamerican.com' (http://www.modernamerican.com/)
aim: nootrope9 vote

- - e n d t r a n s m i s s i o n - -

Personally, I fully expect this to end up in court even if it's not
close, which it probably will be, because a certain precedent was set
in 2000. If you don't like the outcome, sue to get it the way that you
want. It's funny to me that Republicans and Bush in particular have
said that they are so anti-trial lawyers, when that's what got him
elected, oops, i mean, selected in the first place. Remember, it
was Bush v Gore in the Supreme Court.

Tom

--
giantcu92

Training question Franck Mangin Racing 2 April 7th 04 05:50 AM
Question on use of Yakima BigHorn 4 Bike Rack trailer hitch. Easy question. Thanks, tryitoz Joe Donaldson General 4 March 14th 04 02:08 AM
Newbie USCF question Kurgan Gringioni Racing 39 September 15th 03 06:25 AM
Question for group Thomas Mairs Racing 18 July 25th 03 06:36 AM
Sorry, another stem question Techniques 1 July 10th 03 01:18 AM