Seat cover for Rans V-Rex?

Old March 12th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Rex Kerr

Default Seat cover for Rans V-Rex?

A while back I stumbled across site selling replacement seat covers
for the RANS V-Rex seats for something like $30 for an actual RANS
cover, and $15 for a generic. I didn't buy it then, and now I wish I
had.... I can find real RANS covers easily, but can't find this
cheaper generic cover. Anybody know where I might find one?

Thanks!

Old March 15th 07, 01:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

On Mar 12, 4:24 pm, "V" Rex Kerr wrote:

A while back I stumbled across site selling replacement seat covers
for the RANS V-Rex seats for something like $30 for an actual RANS
cover, and $15 for a generic. I didn't buy it then, and now I wish I
had.... I can find real RANS covers easily, but can't find this
cheaper generic cover. Anybody know where I might find one?

Will the generic cover last at least 50% as long as the RANS OEM [1]
cover?

[1] I remember being pleased at the change from the thin, slippery
1999 model Lycra [TM] cover, to the heavier, more "grippy" 2000 model
year fabric.

1999 RANS Wave to Tailwind Conversion
2000 RANS Rocket

Old March 16th 07, 10:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Roger Zoul

Rex Kerr wrote:
:: A while back I stumbled across site selling replacement seat covers
:: for the RANS V-Rex seats for something like $30 for an actual RANS
:: cover, and $15 for a generic. I didn't buy it then, and now I wish I
:: had.... I can find real RANS covers easily, but can't find this
:: cheaper generic cover. Anybody know where I might find one?
::
:: Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the V-Rex, but this site sells covers for RANS bikes:

http://www.necessaryoptions.com/LoveSeatHome.htm

Old March 21st 07, 12:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Mar 16, 5:00 am, "Roger Zoul" wrote:
V-Rex Kerr wrote:

:: A while back I stumbled across site selling replacement seat covers
:: for the RANS V-Rex seats for something like $30 for an actual RANS
:: cover, and $15 for a generic. I didn't buy it then, and now I wish I
:: had.... I can find real RANS covers easily, but can't find this
:: cheaper generic cover. Anybody know where I might find one?
::
:: Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the V-Rex...

The RANS V-Rex is a SWB recumbent, with the conceptual design by Mark
Colliton, with the intent to utilize the same tube set as the Stratus.

Old March 29th 07, 06:20 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Rex Kerr

I'm not familiar with the V-Rex, but this site sells covers for RANS bikes:

http://www.necessaryoptions.com/LoveSeatHome.htm

Nah, thanks anyway. :-)

I guess I'll have to shell out the full price of the real RANS seat
cover. Oh well.