See, there are bad officials everywhere!!!

Old October 12th 04, 05:24 PM
Clovis Lark

Robert Chung wrote:
Clovis Lark wrote:
"Stupidest" should be "most stupid". You can't find his word in any
dictionary I know of.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stupidest

Not in Merriam Webster, nor in OED. What sort of vernacular dictionary is
this?!

--
Keeping America scared: http://home.earthlink.net/~houval/gopconstrm.mov

Old October 12th 04, 05:25 PM
Clovis Lark

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:23:09 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
wrote:

"Stupidest" should be "most stupid". You can't find his word in any
dictionary I know of. He IS a teacher and should be held accountable.

I wonder if he would know enough to spell English with a capital. The
fact is that people often do not speak in complete sentences with the
most effective grammar and impeccable choices of words.

Frankly, I could care less.

I could care less as well. The whole thing seems pathetic.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Old October 12th 04, 07:31 PM
Papai Digital

Clovis Lark wrote in message ...
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:03:13 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
wrote:

chris wrote:

"It's the stupidest rule I've ever heard," said Lanny Doan, one of the
high school coaches. "We're talking about a rubber band. It's not
going to harm anyone."

And there you have it, friends. Lanny Doan, no doubt, is on the faculty
of a high school listed as a teacher, yet he doesn't know english!

I don't understand. What's wrong with what he said?

"Stupidest" should be "most stupid". You can't find his word in any

WTF?

My dictionary has "stupidest" in it!

dictionary I know of. He IS a teacher and should be held accountable.
SHould his proteges make it to the pros, his example will make them better
responders in postgame interviews. (Of course, though this is true, I'm
being sarcastic)

Old October 12th 04, 07:41 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On 12 Oct 2004 11:31:08 -0700, Papai Digital wrote:
My dictionary has "stupidest" in it!

Of course.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://www.getffox.com/
Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://www.gettbird.com/
Old October 12th 04, 07:43 PM
Clovis Lark

wrote:

chris wrote:

"It's the stupidest rule I've ever heard," said Lanny Doan, one of the
high school coaches. "We're talking about a rubber band. It's not
going to harm anyone."

And there you have it, friends. Lanny Doan, no doubt, is on the faculty
of a high school listed as a teacher, yet he doesn't know english!

I don't understand. What's wrong with what he said?

"Stupidest" should be "most stupid". You can't find his word in any

WTF?

My dictionary has "stupidest" in it!

Guess that makes me stupidest... None of my dictionaries have it and we
were drilled in school, since the word came up often, that correct usage
was "most stupid". My hunch, language has changed and "stupidest", like
"ain't", has become accepted. Now, I want to separate myself from my
Commander in Chief. I am admitting I made a mistake, that things changed
since I went to school, and that my suppositions were contradicted by
further evidence. Damn, wouldn't it be nice to have someone at the helm
do as much where lives were being wasted?

Old October 12th 04, 07:49 PM
Carl Sundquist

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

Frankly, I could care less.

I could care less as well. The whole thing seems pathetic.

Just to set the record straight, it's "couldN'T care less"

Old October 12th 04, 08:11 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:49:53 -0500, "Carl Sundquist"
wrote:

Frankly, I could care less.

I could care less as well. The whole thing seems pathetic.

Just to set the record straight, it's "couldN'T care less"

To set the record straighter, I knew that - that's why I used it here.

One of the few times that I've used it, but I have a brother - who
knows better, but likes to irritate people on general principles -
that has used it for the best part of five decades.

I plan to put it on his tombstone if no one with better judgment is
around to object.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Old October 12th 04, 08:15 PM
Clovis Lark

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

Frankly, I could care less.

I could care less as well. The whole thing seems pathetic.

Just to set the record straight, it's "couldN'T care less"

Even if I could care less?