See, there are bad officials everywhere!!!

Old October 12th 04, 08:24 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:14:34 -0400, Curtis L. Russell wrote:
Frankly, I could care less.

The importance of proper spelling and grammar cannot be underestimated.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://www.getffox.com/
Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://www.gettbird.com/
Old October 12th 04, 09:12 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:24:31 +0200, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:

The importance of proper spelling and grammar cannot be underestimated.

I'll drink to that.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old October 12th 04, 10:07 PM
gwhite

"Curtis L. Russell" wrote:

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:49:53 -0500, "Carl Sundquist"
wrote:

Frankly, I could care less.

I could care less as well.

Just to set the record straight, it's "couldN'T care less"

I knew that - that's why I used it here.

I meant to fall down the stairs.
Old October 12th 04, 10:09 PM
gwhite

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:14:34 -0400, Curtis L. Russell wrote:
Frankly, I could care less.

The importance of proper spelling and grammar cannot be underestimated.

For our a-mar-a-kin audience, we've begun to use "misunderestimated." LOL
Old October 12th 04, 10:16 PM
Kyle Legate

Clovis Lark wrote:
gwhite wrote:

Clovis Lark wrote:

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:23:09 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
wrote:

"Stupidest" should be "most stupid". You can't find his word in
any dictionary I know of. He IS a teacher and should be held
accountable.

I wonder if he would know enough to spell English with a capital.
The fact is that people often do not speak in complete sentences
with the most effective grammar and impeccable choices of words.

Frankly, I could care less.

I could care less as well...

How much less?

Hard to say...

The mostest.

Old October 12th 04, 10:19 PM
Amit

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote in message . ..
I was so f#ckin ahead of the times -- good thing they didn't try that
crap on me when I was in grad school:

http://www.jt10000.com/jtgal/fpns.htm

JT

tasteful pants selection dumbass, i guess chang was wrong, you're not
too dignified for rbr.
Old October 12th 04, 11:01 PM
Bret Wade

Robert Chung wrote:
Clovis Lark wrote:

"Stupidest" should be "most stupid". You can't find his word in any
dictionary I know of.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stupidest

I used to occasionally watch bass fishing shows for the unintentional
humor. The stupidest thing I ever heard said was "what lure do you think
makes a fish chase it the furtherest?"

Bret
Old October 12th 04, 11:20 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

"That was the most stupid thing about which I have ever heard." "That
was the most stupid thing about which I have ever heard." "That was
[...]

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 12th 04, 11:40 PM
scott patton

Sorry to break up the spelling/grammar wars, but hey...

http://www.wvec.com/news/vabeach/sto....2671fce9.html

More and more people are wearing the yellow cancer awareness bracelets, sold
to support the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

But many people were seeing red after some Va. Beach student athletes were
disqualified for wearing the livestrong bracelets during a meet.

Last Wednesday, 25 runners at a cross country event were disqualified.
Officials ruled the bracelets were jewelry, which isn't allowed for safety
reasons.

Larry Doan's son, a runner for Ocean Lakes High School, was among them. Doan
coaches at Bayside High. “I was absolutely amazed. I guess it could
technically be call jewelry, but that's really stretching the issue," he
said. "It's not going to cut you like other jewelry would."

On Tuesday, Va. Beach officials saw the error of their ways and reversed the
disqualifications. The 25 runners have been reinstated. It's an excellent
call. I know personally I'm happy. My son was involved and he's happy.
It's a win-win for everybody," Doan said.

More than 12 million of the Livestrong bracelets have been sold.

--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO
Old October 13th 04, 12:30 AM
Stewart Fleming

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:14:34 -0400, Curtis L. Russell wrote:

Frankly, I could care less.

The importance of proper spelling and grammar cannot be underestimated.

The care less use of words is appalling.