Pedal size of Sakae Ringyo MTP-126.

Old August 22nd 11, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
David Farber

Default Pedal size of Sakae Ringyo MTP-126.

I have a ten-speed Azuki road bike c.1975. I replaced the pedals once about
20 years ago. It's time to replace them again. The current pedals are Sakae
Ringyo MTP-126. I did some searching but could not find the specifications
for this pedal. I measured the diameter of the threaded end with a caliper
and it's between 1/2" and 9/16" (17/32"). I also saw that it was accepted
knowledge that a bike with a three piece crank always has a pedal size of
9/16." So I'm wondering should I just go with conventional wisdom and assume
that this pedal is a 9/16" pedal?

Thanks for your reply.
--

David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Old August 23rd 11, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John[_25_]

On 2011-08-22, David Farber wrote:

I have a ten-speed Azuki road bike c.1975. I replaced the pedals once about
20 years ago. It's time to replace them again. The current pedals are Sakae
Ringyo MTP-126. I did some searching but could not find the specifications
for this pedal. I measured the diameter of the threaded end with a caliper
and it's between 1/2" and 9/16" (17/32"). I also saw that it was accepted
knowledge that a bike with a three piece crank always has a pedal size of
9/16." So I'm wondering should I just go with conventional wisdom and assume
that this pedal is a 9/16" pedal?

Your pedal is almost certainly 9/16" x 20tpi.

--

-John )
Old August 23rd 11, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
David Farber

On 2011-08-22, David Farber wrote:

I have a ten-speed Azuki road bike c.1975. I replaced the pedals
once about 20 years ago. It's time to replace them again. The
current pedals are Sakae Ringyo MTP-126. I did some searching but
could not find the specifications for this pedal. I measured the
diameter of the threaded end with a caliper and it's between 1/2"
and 9/16" (17/32"). I also saw that it was accepted knowledge that a
bike with a three piece crank always has a pedal size of 9/16." So
I'm wondering should I just go with conventional wisdom and assume
that this pedal is a 9/16" pedal?

Your pedal is almost certainly 9/16" x 20tpi.

Thanks John.

--

David Farber
Los Osos, CA