Helmet Mounted Mirror

Old December 30th 07, 03:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terry[_2_]

Default Helmet Mounted Mirror

Has anyone used one, and what do you think about it.

Is it ok to use with a Road Bike riding position.

Old December 30th 07, 03:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

Terry wrote:
Has anyone used one, and what do you think about it.

Is it ok to use with a Road Bike riding position.

Paging TimC.

DaveB
Old December 30th 07, 03:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

Terry wrote:
Has anyone used one, and what do you think about it.

Is it ok to use with a Road Bike riding position.

Probably just that I am dumb but I could never get used to it. I always
use a handlebar mirror, so I am not anti mirror, just found I always
turned my head to look in the thing which does not work.

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old December 30th 07, 05:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-12-30, Terry (aka Bruce)
Has anyone used one, and what do you think about it.

Is it ok to use with a Road Bike riding position.

No different to on sit-up-and-begs, except when I am wearing bigass
glasses, in which case the rims get in the way of the view of the
mirror.

They take a few weeks before you get the hang of scanning behind you
the right way, since their view is so small.

--
TimC
"Warning: Do not look into laser with remaining eye" -- a physics experiment
Old December 30th 07, 06:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bob C

Terry wrote:
Has anyone used one, and what do you think about it.

Is it ok to use with a Road Bike riding position.

Look at www.thirdeye.com they have helmet and glasses mounted mirrors
and will send direct from the US. I have used a glasses mounted mirror
for a while now and find it great, never miss the rear view, but
requires you to turn your head.

--
Bob C

Old December 30th 07, 06:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

Bob C wrote:
Terry wrote:
Has anyone used one, and what do you think about it.

Is it ok to use with a Road Bike riding position.

Look at www.thirdeye.com they have helmet and glasses mounted mirrors
and will send direct from the US. I have used a glasses mounted mirror
for a while now and find it great, never miss the rear view, but
requires you to turn your head.

You sure about that url?

DaveB
Old December 30th 07, 07:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
zog

try this http://www.3rd-eye.com/
Old December 30th 07, 07:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Nick Payne

I use a helmet mirror but mount it on the side of my glasses:
http://www.users.on.net/~njpayne/bikestuff/

My wife uses a mirror on her helmet for road riding - both drop and flat
bars - and has no problem with it.

Nick

Old December 30th 07, 01:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave Ingram

Terry wrote:
Has anyone used one, and what do you think about it.

I use one all the time on my helmet. It has a ball joint on the helmet mount &
on the mirror, so can be adjusted all over the place.

Is it ok to use with a Road Bike riding position.

Don't know -- never get there on a flat bar. The wierd thing is riding with
out it, and my eyes keep wanting to flick right to check behind me.

A look over the shoulder is still sometimes needed, but the mirror shows when
there are things in the way, so saves the effort and keeps my eyes on the road.

Some super sticky 3M tape really helps keep the mount on the helmet.

Dave.
Old December 30th 07, 11:53 PM posted to aus.bicycle
ray

Terry wrote:
Has anyone used one, and what do you think about it.

Is it ok to use with a Road Bike riding position.

I wear glasses, so glasses-mounted has been the way to go. I've had one
for over 25 years. Have used one with both dropped and flat handle-bars
and had no problems with either.
There's no need to import these as such. See your local dentist, ask
them for half a dozen, they'll give them to you. Then take one bit of
old spoke, a small electrical connector (Dick Smith or Tandy) and some
araldite or superglue.
You can probably figure assembly out for yourself, easy enough, adjust
with pliers for correct view when complete. I wouldn't be without one,
and have no problems adjusting from flick left (car) to flick right
(bike). Simple, cheap, light, compact, vibration-free, and you can spot
a likely arsehole well before they get close, for evasive action.
Cheers,
Ray

Helmet rear view mirror swerf Techniques 10 July 5th 07 02:56 AM
Helmet mirror design Ken Bradley General 8 October 26th 06 05:59 PM
helmet mirror MyakkaMike Techniques 2 September 11th 05 10:59 PM
helmet or glasses mounted mirrors? Yuri Budilov Australia 10 February 12th 05 12:34 AM
Built in mirror Helmet help. Johann S. General 26 October 24th 03 06:52 PM