In what way Buddhism makes you overcome the fear of riding a bike?

Old September 9th 11, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default In what way Buddhism makes you overcome the fear of riding a bike?

Posted by dylan

"Perhaps, just an idea they can make a drivers license type thing for cyclists to ride on the street and that way there is a more organized harmony between cyclists and drivers."

***

There's great wisdom in that idea. Actually we should take some training too. I don't know what the Buddhist masters will think but I go for it. The cyclists got no opinion whatsoever according to my latest posts. I think they are the type that strap the bike to the car and go some place to ride, similar to Key Biscayne here. Or maybe they live in a nice and civilized area.. Whatever the reason here is the question I put to the Masters:

In what way Buddhism makes you overcome the fear of riding a bike?

Sometimes the I ride in traffic as if some "higher power" protected me. I feel free! Then later I come back to the grinding sidewalks because the wisdom of the jungle tells me to stay away from the big animals.

I got a Krishna friend who tells me to trust the higher power but I don't think he rides a bike. What would the Masters do in this dilemma? Face your fears or sit on your ass?

NOTE: I don't want to be a chubby Buddha.