Tsunami devistation

Old January 6th 05, 02:42 AM
J G

Default Tsunami devistation

What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude of
the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my G*d,
it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(
--
"Ralph"

Old January 6th 05, 02:55 AM
Ride-A-Lot

J G wrote:
What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude of
the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my G*d,
it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(
--
"Ralph"

I just had some friends come back from their honeymoon in Thailand.
Yes, they were in one of the flooded hotels. At the time they were in
their room so they got out without a scratch.

They are pretty messed up though. It took a while to get out and they
had to sleep in a school for a night. She's being crying every night
since the event and cannot get the images of bodies, especially
children, out of her head. Can you say lots of counsiling? The US
embassy was very good at rounding up the citizens. That's a nice thing
to know. I gave them a US Airways round trip coupon I got from giving
up a seat so they can at least fly somewhere and try and get another
honeymoon.

I didn't ask about the smell and they didn't volunteer any info. I can
only imagine what it must be like. I know what a single dead animal can
smell like. Think about 80,000 people.

It's very sad, but I think this is a great opportunity for the USA and
especially the citizens of this country to show how compasionate we can
be. Many of the countries that were hit are Muslim countries. A show
of support from the US will surely go a long way to showing them that we
are not against them as the terrorists would have them think.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 6th 05, 03:23 AM
Corvus Corvax

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

It's very sad, but I think this is a great opportunity for the USA

and
especially the citizens of this country to show how compasionate we

can
be. Many of the countries that were hit are Muslim countries. A

show
of support from the US will surely go a long way to showing them that

we
are not against them as the terrorists would have them think.

No ****. Our response to this is going to say a lot about us to the
world.

Do us proud, Clyde.

CC

Old January 6th 05, 03:23 AM
small change

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
J G wrote:
What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude
of the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my
G*d, it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(
--
"Ralph"

I just had some friends come back from their honeymoon in Thailand.
Yes, they were in one of the flooded hotels. At the time they were in
their room so they got out without a scratch.

My sis and her son were in Thailand. I got this email very very early on,
saying, we were not in the tsumani zone. At the time I was "huh" becuase it
was so soon after and the news hadn't even broken here yet. They are fine,
they were up on the east coast up near the Cambodian border.
Cash donated to a worthwhile organization seems to be the best thing to do.

Penny

Old January 6th 05, 04:14 AM
BB

On 5 Jan 2005 18:23:27 -0800, Corvus Corvax wrote:

Our response to this is going to say a lot about us to the world.

Don't be so sure; these things are forgotten pretty quickly. It doesn't
matter; 150,000 people are dead and a half-million people are homeless -
this is the time to do the right thing not because it benefits us, but
because its the right thing.

If you donate, check first to see if your employer is matching. Mine does,
dollar for dollar. Its cool to see your donations double.

Thanks to Clyde and all the people who are there to help.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old January 6th 05, 04:56 AM
Pete

"J G" wrote in message
ink.net...
What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude of
the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my G*d,
it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(
--
"Ralph"

Thanks.
Don't catch anything, and keep an eye on the kids.

Pete

Old January 6th 05, 02:36 PM
J G

"Pete" wrote
Don't catch anything, and keep an eye on the kids.

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were
goin' all the way.

--
Jay "Chef" Hicks Engineman 2nd Class

Old January 6th 05, 05:52 PM
Raptor

cc wrote:
"J G" wrote in message
ink.net...

What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude of
the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my G*d,
it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(
--
"Ralph"

Yeah, something should certainly be done about the smell.

It's a shame that when hundreds of thousands die that the rest should be
inconvenienced, especially the vacationing tourists. Somebody must be held
accountable.

Did you stop to think that those that have loved ones that died in the
tsunami might take offense to you complaining about "the STINK" of their
corpses?

I heard on NPR tonight that annually, 150,000 children die in Indonesia
before the age of five from everyday causes like diarrhea, tetanus,
malnutrition, etc.

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Old January 6th 05, 07:52 PM
bri719

J G wrote:

What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude of
the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my G*d,
it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(

Ralph --

I was awoken by a terrible shaking this morning in my bed at 6:35am -- a
devastating 4.4 quake centered in Fontana, CA. luckily, I held on tight
and rode the sucker out, nothing fell on me, and my house is still
standing. one can only imagine the devistation that has ensued. be
sure to stay tuned to MSNBC, CNN etc because I'm sure an announcement is
coming any minute now. everyone at work is scared ****less, but now
that I'm here safely in my cubicle I feel much better. scary times.

"Bob"

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old January 6th 05, 08:00 PM
Chris Glidden

"bri719" wrote in message
J G wrote:

What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude of
the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my G*d,
it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(

Ralph --

I was awoken by a terrible shaking this morning in my bed at 6:35am -- a
devastating 4.4 quake centered in Fontana, CA. luckily, I held on tight
and rode the sucker out, nothing fell on me, and my house is still
standing. one can only imagine the devistation that has ensued. be sure
to stay tuned to MSNBC, CNN etc because I'm sure an announcement is coming
any minute now. everyone at work is scared ****less, but now that I'm
here safely in my cubicle I feel much better. scary times.

"Bob"

bri

We felt it in Laguna Beach, it's the "Real OC" ya know. Puke