Paging Andrew: Silca Floor Pump Parts

Old February 5th 15, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

Default Paging Andrew: Silca Floor Pump Parts -- Now Gauge Q

On 05/02/2015 1:11 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 8:36:21 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/4/2015 6:51 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I suppose you could stand the tub in a bucket of water

That was supposed to be "stand the pump in a tub or bucket of water."

Like Andrew said, there is a gasket at the bottom of the pump barrel, and that is long gone -- probably lost when I disassembled the pump at the beginning of the pump project, so I created a replacement from some gasket material that I had hanging around. That improved matters a bit.

My wife is haranguing me for wasting time and money resurrecting some old pump that wasn't needed in the first place. I have two other pumps, one of which is another old Silca that works great. I've replaced the gauge on that one and a leather washer or two.

My first line pump is a cheap Performance Hurricane that lives in the garage and works like a champ. I don't know how I accumulated so many pumps. I also have a whole bunch of vacuum cleaners, but I inherited some of those.

Your wife sounds like an intelligent woman. g

I have two floor pumps. One that I use and one that my kid leaves lying
in the driveway when he's finished with it.

Old February 5th 15, 03:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Krygowski wrote:
[...]

I've only owned one. The first time I saw a Silca Pista late
in 1973, I bought one, still use it regularly at my house as
did a series of tenants over many years.

Should have waited. The first series is infamous for a
shorter plunger shaft so the inattentive user gets fingers
pinched under the handle. ouch.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 6th 15, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 1:11:57 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

-- Jay Beattie.

Kisshaver ? really JB this is seamy. is Kisshaver riding a bicycle ? in the Eastern Area ?
Old February 6th 15, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 08:13:44 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On my own very old Silca there's a spot of yellow paint on
the cover at 110psi. I just pump until the needle is at the
dot because I can't read the fuzzy little numbers any more.
I think they were bigger when I was young...

My fairly-new Joe Blow has a movable ring with a red arrow to point at
the target pressure.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/

Old February 6th 15, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/5/2015 9:50 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 08:13:44 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On my own very old Silca there's a spot of yellow paint on
the cover at 110psi. I just pump until the needle is at the
dot because I can't read the fuzzy little numbers any more.
I think they were bigger when I was young...

My fairly-new Joe Blow has a movable ring with a red arrow to point at
the target pressure.

My ancient Nashbar pump has a crayon mark I applied.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 6th 15, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

instrument panel plexi sports a 'D' on the Battery Hi-Low Meter carefully secured following a full measured charge so when sighted over the gearshift lever next to steering wheel needle to that WHITE 3M #33 VINYL ELECTRICAL TAPE
'D' shape

the Batt, a special odor Odyssey thru Summit Racing, is fully charged.

Old February 11th 15, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gregory Sutter

Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Well, as a reward for waiting 42 years, you could get one of the
new Silca pumps...

http://silca.cc/products/silca-super...ate-floor-pump

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/
Old February 11th 15, 01:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Nah, mine still works.