Auto Insurance for Cyclists

Old September 28th 15, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Auto Insurance for Cyclists

Geico has a deal where you could pay 75% less yet still drive in an emergency as long as you called in and told them first.

You pay the full 6 month premium in advance as usual, about $110, and then call in and tell them you didn't anticipate any need to drive the next 30 days. As long as you go the full 30 days w/o motoring they credit your account $13.75 at the end of each month you didn't drive.

If you drive at all, even on Day 29, then you lose the entire $13.75.

You could repeat this every month until the next premium was due and then, if you don't drive at all, only pay 25% of the next 6 month premium.

Insurance evolved out of England so there must be all kinds of similar deals in the UK.

Bret Cahill