Gary Fisher hybrid

Old August 21st 05, 05:45 AM
Steve knight

Default Gary Fisher hybrid

Just using the information from the ad, I'd say to pass on it. Why pay
over $280 ( $96 (bid) + ~$50 (shipping) + ~$60 (R wheel) + ~$75
(crankset), parts prices may be higher depending on your LBS) when you
can get a new one for only $340.

This, and there is a possibility that the frame was bend when the wheel
tacoed. What would you do then?

hell I goet a better gary fisher off of cregs list for 110.00 justn
eeded a brake pad and the rear derailer arm is bent.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes
Old August 22nd 05, 01:35 AM
Jasper Janssen

On 20 Aug 2005 15:23:30 -0700, "Ken M" wrote:

Well the current model sold as a "Tiburon" only goes for $340 so
obviously it is an entry level bike. So I bought for 50 sold for 96
minus ebay fees I still made a bit of profit.

It's worth what someone's willing to pay for it, so yep, you did a good
deal. I just don't think many readers of this newsgroup would have wanted
the thing for 96 bucks (plus shipping).

Jasper
Old August 22nd 05, 10:11 PM
Ken M

Well I didn't expect to get more than 100 or so for it, after all it is
just an entry level bike. I wouldn't even have paid 100 for it. But
like you said it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I
personally already have a hardtail mtb that has been "hybridized" so I
didn't need or want it, and it was just taking up space! E-Bay!

Ken

Gary Fisher hybrid Ken M General 12 August 22nd 05 10:11 PM
Gary Fisher bikes any good? Ken General 6 June 27th 05 03:51 PM
gary fisher 2004 nirvana or trek 2004 hybrid 7300?? please help... Steve Techniques 2 August 9th 04 01:38 AM
Advice on "Comfort Bikes" (Gary Fisher Capitola vs. Giant Sedona) Dave DesRoches General 21 July 23rd 04 06:42 AM
Gary Fisher Chuck Lysaght Off Road 0 September 8th 03 02:45 AM