31.6mm straight Aluminum Setback Seatpost - Are These Available?

Old August 22nd 05, 02:06 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default 31.6mm straight Aluminum Setback Seatpost - Are These Available?

Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to work out some fit issues with a new bike and will
probably need to go with a different seatpost.

I am using a leather saddle and like the infinite adjustment of the
Thomson on my other bike. Unfortunately, the "bent" Thomson setback
design post won't work since the bend would result in too high a
saddle height.

Or do you mean the bent part will not allow you to get it low enough,
but you still need a setback SP?

Ritchey and a level.

Old August 23rd 05, 02:07 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Steve Sr. wrote:
On 22 Aug 2005 06:06:45 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:

Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to work out some fit issues with a new bike and will
probably need to go with a different seatpost.

I am using a leather saddle and like the infinite adjustment of the
Thomson on my other bike. Unfortunately, the "bent" Thomson setback
design post won't work since the bend would result in too high a
saddle height.

Or do you mean the bent part will not allow you to get it low enough,
but you still need a setback SP?

Rght on both counts!

Ritchey and a level.

Huh???

So you need a setback seatpost with micro adjust that is setback at the
head, not on the shaft-Ritchey makes a nice series of aluminum
seatposts with these features and use a level to ensure the saddle is
level....