Campy Headset Question

Old July 9th 03, 02:51 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Campy Headset Question

pete- I have a Campy Chorus threaded headset which is approximately three
years old. BRBR
How long is one of these headsets supposed to last? BRBR

On a well prepped headtube and with normal overhauls, and good adjustment,
almost forever. I have a HS on my fixie from 1986...still smooth.

Would
a Record headset serve me better in this fashion, or is it minimally
sealed like the Chorus? BRBR

Same headset with the abuility to inject grease into the lower cup-If you want
maintenence free-look at CK...but still need a good adjustment and prepped
headtube.

I don't want a King. Nice headset, but I don't want my bike to be a
billboard for their products. Any other suggestions for a low
maintenance, well-sealed and long-term durable headset? BRBR

otay-Ritchey makes a nice one-Skuzzy pro or something.

Or maybe buy the King and remove the lettering with a solvent?
BRBR

?????do ya remove all the labels from everything-take the names offa yer car???

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old July 9th 03, 03:51 PM
Kenny Lee

Appkiller wrote:

I don't want a King. Nice headset, but I don't want my bike to be a
billboard for their products. Any other suggestions for a low
maintenance, well-sealed and long-term durable headset?

Or maybe buy the King and remove the lettering with a solvent?

TIA

App

The lettering of the Chris King headset in silver is barely visable.

Kenny Lee

Old July 9th 03, 06:28 PM
Appkiller

snip

?????do ya remove all the labels from everything-take the names offa
yer car???

Peter Chisholm

snip

I don't derive my self-worth from the sum total of my material
possessions (otherwise my ti frame would identify itself as such). I
try to avoid being a billboard - it isn't until this year that I got a
jersey with more than one color and any text other than the
manufacturer's name.

I already have Thomson, Salsa, Campy, Paramount, Mavic, yada, yada,
yada all over my bike. It's not one prominently displayed brand name
but the collective weight of brand names - one more and I should be
compensated for the advertising space.

App

Headset Locks (or whatever they are called) Michael J. Klein General 1 June 28th 04 02:39 PM
beat the bus and accident question Doug Purdy General 25 May 14th 04 02:21 AM
Training question Franck Mangin Racing 2 April 7th 04 05:50 AM
Newbie USCF question Kurgan Gringioni Racing 39 September 15th 03 06:25 AM
Headtube ovalization question: Slacker Mountain Biking 1 July 17th 03 09:18 AM