Campy MTB Parts - help ID'ing needed!

Old September 3rd 04, 12:01 AM
Gemma Kernich

Default Campy MTB Parts - help ID'ing needed!

Hi all,
I'm selling off a new (but old of course) Campy MTB groupset, and have
worked out where all the parts go - except for two, black barrel-type
adjusters which can be seen lying by themselves out of plastic inbetween the
brake levers and shift levers:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~gkerni...nd%20parts.JPG
Can anyone tell me what these are for, or have they somehow infiltrated the
rest of the stuff and don't belong?
(for more pics of the groupset follow link from he
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~gkernich/

Cheers
Gemma
gkernichatihugdotcomdotau

Old September 3rd 04, 03:59 AM
David L. Johnson

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 08:31:37 +0930, Gemma Kernich wrote:

Hi all,
I'm selling off a new (but old of course) Campy MTB groupset, and have
worked out where all the parts go - except for two, black barrel-type
adjusters which can be seen lying by themselves out of plastic inbetween
the brake levers and shift levers:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~gkerni...nd%20parts.JPG Can anyone
tell me what these are for, or have they somehow infiltrated the rest of
the stuff and don't belong?

They are essentially the same as the brake-arch tension adjusters on many
Campy road brakes. My bet is that they go with the cable hangers for the
brakes.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | "It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster." --Greg LeMond
_`\(,_ |
(_)/ (_) |

Old September 4th 04, 03:46 AM
Gemma Kernich

"David L. Johnson" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 08:31:37 +0930, Gemma Kernich wrote:

Hi all,
I'm selling off a new (but old of course) Campy MTB groupset, and have
worked out where all the parts go - except for two, black barrel-type
adjusters which can be seen lying by themselves out of plastic inbetween
the brake levers and shift levers:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~gkerni...nd%20parts.JPG Can
anyone
tell me what these are for, or have they somehow infiltrated the rest of
the stuff and don't belong?

They are essentially the same as the brake-arch tension adjusters on many
Campy road brakes. My bet is that they go with the cable hangers for the
brakes.

Thanks David. Someone else reckons that they're off the next model of Campy
MTB brake levers and has somehow got mixed in. The cable hangers for these
brakes don't have any adjustement, all adjustment (including QR lever for
brake) is done at the lever itself.
Either way, it's confirmed they're not a part of my groupset, which
incidently is now up on ebay if anyone wants a bit of Campy and MTB history!
http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...userid=gemma_k
Cheers
Gemma