Shrevepert,La

Old April 23rd 04, 12:44 PM
DanielPayne

Default Shrevepert,La

Well I've been here working on a Temp assignment for two weeks, and wil
be here for one more week. I go back home on the 30th. This area of th
US does not see many recreational cyclists, and certainly not an
recumbents. I have seen some transportational cyclists in two weeks bu
not many. The car traffic here does not know how to handle a bike on th
road, but they are friendly, and always ready to talk at a light. I
anyone close by? I've heard more comments and laughs, guffaws an
friendly car beeps, when people see my strange bike, the vision r44 i
the bike i brought. No USENET here, as it is blocked that explains th
cyclingforum post. A man must do, what a man must do

Fondly, Daniel Payn

-

Old April 24th 04, 03:10 AM
Edward Dolan

"DanielPayne" wrote in message
.. .
Well I've been here working on a Temp assignment for two weeks, and will
be here for one more week. I go back home on the 30th. This area of the
US does not see many recreational cyclists, and certainly not any
recumbents. I have seen some transportational cyclists in two weeks but
not many. The car traffic here does not know how to handle a bike on the
road, but they are friendly, and always ready to talk at a light. Is
anyone close by? I've heard more comments and laughs, guffaws and
friendly car beeps, when people see my strange bike, the vision r44 is
the bike i brought. No USENET here, as it is blocked that explains the
cyclingforum post. A man must do, what a man must do

Instead of everyone else on this newsgroup going on and on about how ****ing
fast they are and how important it is to win races, maybe someone could
explain to me why there are not more cyclists in Louisiana and most
especially why there are not more recumbent cyclists there. LA has an ideal
year around climate for cycling and it is relatively flat there which is
ideal for recumbents. God only knows why there are more recumbent cyclists
in places like the Upper Midwest which has one of the world's most god awful
climates and is not as flat as LA. Maybe some of the big brains on this
newsgroup could explain why there are no cyclists in LA instead of jabbering
on and on about the things they are constantly jabbering about and boring us
all to death with their feats of cycling prowess.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old April 24th 04, 01:10 PM
Bob Stan

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:10:57 -0500, Edward Dolan wrote:

Instead of everyone else on this newsgroup going on and on about how f******g
fast they are and how important it is to win races,

clipped and edited

How about keeping your profanity to yourself and off this newsgroup?

Old April 24th 04, 01:49 PM
Tom Sherman

Bob Stan wrote:

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:10:57 -0500, Edward Dolan wrote:

Instead of everyone else on this newsgroup going on and on about how f******g
fast they are and how important it is to win races,

clipped and edited

How about keeping your profanity to yourself and off this newsgroup?

Since there are no current OT political threads on
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, Mr. Ed Dolan needs to find another outlet
for his venom.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

Old April 24th 04, 02:23 PM
Arne

I don't understand why I keep seeing notes like this. It is EASY to create a
rule so you never see Ed's notes.

So, why don't you stop complaining and do it.......?

You remind me of people who move to a house near an airport and then
complain about the noise.
..
Arne, USA (member of the human tribe)

..

Old April 24th 04, 02:24 PM
Edward Dolan

Bob Stan wrote:

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:10:57 -0500, Edward Dolan wrote:

Instead of everyone else on this newsgroup going on and on about how

f******g
fast they are and how important it is to win races,

clipped and edited

How about keeping your profanity to yourself and off this newsgroup?

I will take this under consideration and give it the utmost thought. Glad to
see however that you sit up and take notice of the language if nothing else.
Not everyone on this newsgroup is brain dead yet although you would never
know it from the posts to be found here.

Since there are no current OT political threads on
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, Mr. Ed Dolan needs to find another outlet
for his venom.

What venom would that be I wonder? I express myself directly and forcefully
and I don't have to be off topic to do it either. Some others should try it
instead of always beating about the bush in a namby-pamby manner and never
getting anywhere.

And by all means, everyone here tell us all about your latest fast ride and
how many mph you did. And God help us all if you ever win something called a
bicycle race. In any event, Mr. Tom Sherman wants to know all about it.
Please give him all the excruciating details of your latest and greatest
accomplishments. Preferably do it by email so the rest of us do not have to
suffer through it.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old April 24th 04, 02:55 PM
Edward Dolan

"Arne" wrote in message
I don't understand why I keep seeing notes like this. It is EASY to create

rule so you never see Ed's notes.

So, why don't you stop complaining and do it.......?

You remind me of people who move to a house near an airport and then
complain about the noise.

Arne, Tom Sherman would rather be dead than kill file me. We are the best of
enemies and have been for at least a year now. He will always want to know
what I am saying for no other reason than I am often saying something about
him, usually something not at all complimentary. But I do agree with you
that those others (like Cletus Lee) who are easily offended by strong
thoughts strongly expressed should not read me and if they want to kill file
me I say good riddance to them.

This newsgroup has by now matured and everyone here can always look forward
to contention when they see a post of mine, unless it is strictly a
housekeeping post like the present one. Jeez! You would think everyone here
would be used to me by now!

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old April 24th 04, 05:06 PM
Mark Leuck

"Arne" wrote in message
I don't understand why I keep seeing notes like this. It is EASY to create

rule so you never see Ed's notes.

So, why don't you stop complaining and do it.......?

You remind me of people who move to a house near an airport and then
complain about the noise.
.
Arne, USA (member of the human tribe)

Some people just like complaining, its how they communicate