BikeE Stolen, Need Replacement

Old April 6th 04, 03:21 AM
LWYRLINDA

Default BikeE Stolen, Need Replacement

Double-chain BikeE (not the CT, a single chain) were stolen from my garage.
Need info and suggestions on replacements.
Liked the built-in shocks on the BikeE, liked the clean look.
Best resources for searching this topic?
Thanks.

Old April 6th 04, 03:42 AM
Tom Sherman

LWYRLINDA wrote:

Double-chain BikeE (not the CT, a single chain) were stolen from my garage.
Need info and suggestions on replacements.
Liked the built-in shocks on the BikeE, liked the clean look.
Best resources for searching this topic?
Thanks.

The bikes most similar to your former BikeE (FX or RX?)that are
currently in production are the Cannondale Recumbent I and II [1] and
the HP Velotechnik Spirit [2].

[1] http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/cusa/model-2BM.html
[2] http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkt...t/index_e.html

Old April 6th 04, 08:45 PM
Moosebear

Lwyrlinda wrote:
Double-chain BikeE (not the CT, a single chain) were stolen from my
garage. Need info and suggestions on replacements. Liked the built-in
shocks on the BikeE, liked the clean look. Best resources for searching
this topic? Thanks.

Take a look at the Maxarya. I tried one last week at the Urbane Cyclis
in Toronto very cool bike, the shock is so smooth, quite an exceptiona
commuter or touring bike. BROL had a review, but they took it down? No
sure. maxarya.co

-

Old April 7th 04, 12:05 PM
john riley

I agree about the Maxarya. Meanwhile there are a couple used BikeE's he

http://tinyurl.com/27f5k
Old April 8th 04, 01:49 AM
roger dennis

reply off-line..have bikee at to sell for reasonable price with extra
seats and parts..r

Old April 9th 04, 05:15 AM
Jeff Wills

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...
LWYRLINDA wrote:

Double-chain BikeE (not the CT, a single chain) were stolen from my garage.
Need info and suggestions on replacements.
Liked the built-in shocks on the BikeE, liked the clean look.
Best resources for searching this topic?
Thanks.

The bikes most similar to your former BikeE (FX or RX?)that are
currently in production are the Cannondale Recumbent I and II [1] and
the HP Velotechnik Spirit [2].

This was posted on the hpv-forsale list by Atlantic Bicycle
(atlbike at bellsouth.net ) a day or two ago:

BikeE FX, Standard size, combines the rear-suspension of the AT with
BikeE's proprietary in-the-headtube air suspension system for the
front fork. BikeE's unique "Mid-Drive" shifting system. Close out
$999. Plus shipping. This is a floor model. As a reminder Bike E went
out of business Sep 2002. We still have Bike E parts in stock, go to
www.bikepartsUSA.com type in Bike E in the find box.
Atlantic Bicycle
6350 W. Atlantic Blvd
Margate, FL 33063
1 888 412 6817 (1 954 971 9590)
Old April 13th 04, 03:28 PM
Mark V

I'm very sorry to hear about the theft of your bikeE. I have seen
several at various recumbent classifieds. I bought a HP Velotechnik
Spirit for my wife after she wore out her bikeE and she absolutely
loves it. Front and rear shocks, lower riding position and more
comfortable handle bars are a few of the pleasing differences. I hope
you can find something that suits.
regards,
Mark
Old April 16th 04, 01:44 AM

I have a Bike E AT 3.0 regular size. Has Bike E Bag,stand,handlebar
grips/speed pedals,etc
Very little miles on it. Excellant condition. Not used in last 3 years.
Paid over $1100,,will sell for $525..
Located near Tacoma,Wash. but can also deliver to Portland,Or area.
Arlen

om...