Selfish moron cyclist causes jam on the M25

Old February 25th 14, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Default Selfish moron cyclist causes jam on the M25

*sigh*

A man has been found cycling on the M25 in Surrey, police said.

Officers were alerted by drivers who had seen the man, who was dressed in
black, pedalling on the hard shoulder near the junction with the M3.

Hannah Leonard tweeted: "My usual 40 minute commute to work took an hour and
a half due to a cyclist on the m25!"

Surrey Roads Police tweeted: "Cyclist stopped and after a long conversation
he has been safely removed with his copy of his ticket for £50."

The force tweeted that the man, who was seen between junctions 12 and 13,
had been looking for a shorter route to cycle home from work.

"Phone app sent him on motorway so thought it ok," it added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618

Old February 25th 14, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marco[_4_]

On 25/02/2014 10:23, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
*sigh*

A man has been found cycling on the M25 in Surrey, police said.

Officers were alerted by drivers who had seen the man, who was dressed
in black, pedalling on the hard shoulder near the junction with the M3.

Hannah Leonard tweeted: "My usual 40 minute commute to work took an hour
and a half due to a cyclist on the m25!"

Surrey Roads Police tweeted: "Cyclist stopped and after a long
conversation he has been safely removed with his copy of his ticket for
£50."

The force tweeted that the man, who was seen between junctions 12 and
13, had been looking for a shorter route to cycle home from work.

"Phone app sent him on motorway so thought it ok," it added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Now that is funny. What speed was he
doing, mate? Over 70 mph?

Perhaps I should look up the stories of motorists who go in cycle lanes
or the wrong way down motorways. Or would that be OT?

--

Judith
Old February 25th 14, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 25/02/2014 10:23, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
*sigh*

A man has been found cycling on the M25 in Surrey, police said.

Officers were alerted by drivers who had seen the man, who was dressed
in black, pedalling on the hard shoulder near the junction with the M3.

Hannah Leonard tweeted: "My usual 40 minute commute to work took an hour
and a half due to a cyclist on the m25!"

Surrey Roads Police tweeted: "Cyclist stopped and after a long
conversation he has been safely removed with his copy of his ticket for
£50."

The force tweeted that the man, who was seen between junctions 12 and
13, had been looking for a shorter route to cycle home from work.

"Phone app sent him on motorway so thought it ok," it added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618

This proves the need for licencing and testing very clearly.
Old February 25th 14, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marco[_4_]

On 25/02/2014 12:07, Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

But it isn't going to happen lol

--

Judith
Old February 25th 14, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:23:27 -0000, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

*sigh*

A man has been found cycling on the M25 in Surrey, police said.

Officers were alerted by drivers who had seen the man, who was dressed in
black, pedalling on the hard shoulder near the junction with the M3.

Hannah Leonard tweeted: "My usual 40 minute commute to work took an hour and
a half due to a cyclist on the m25!"

Surrey Roads Police tweeted: "Cyclist stopped and after a long conversation
he has been safely removed with his copy of his ticket for £50."

The force tweeted that the man, who was seen between junctions 12 and 13,
had been looking for a shorter route to cycle home from work.

"Phone app sent him on motorway so thought it ok," it added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618

Was it the cyclist who caused the traffic - or the erm... traffic
which caused the traffic?
Old February 26th 14, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

*sigh*

A man has been found cycling on the M25 in Surrey, police said.

Officers were alerted by drivers who had seen the man, who was dressed in
black, pedalling on the hard shoulder near the junction with the M3.

Hannah Leonard tweeted: "My usual 40 minute commute to work took an hour and
a half due to a cyclist on the m25!"

Surrey Roads Police tweeted: "Cyclist stopped and after a long conversation
he has been safely removed with his copy of his ticket for £50."

The force tweeted that the man, who was seen between junctions 12 and 13,
had been looking for a shorter route to cycle home from work.

"Phone app sent him on motorway so thought it ok," it added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618

Was it the cyclist who caused the traffic - or the erm... traffic
which caused the traffic?

You are right as ever: the cyclist did no wrong.

(I despair for those kids that you "taught")

Old February 26th 14, 04:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I do hope you are not trying to put words into my mouth...
Old February 26th 14, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

[...]

It would make a change from those voices in your head....

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old February 28th 14, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

Bertie Wooster writes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618

Was it the cyclist who caused the traffic - or the erm... traffic
which caused the traffic?

The latter, of course. Cyclists _are_ traffic, albeit in a very space
efficient form.

--
Mark
Old March 4th 14, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 28/02/2014 19:04, Mark Williams wrote:

Bertie Wooster writes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618

Was it the cyclist who caused the traffic - or the erm... traffic
which caused the traffic?

The latter, of course. Cyclists _are_ traffic

Not on motorways, they aren't.

Cyclist jailed for 'an incredibly selfish criminal act' Mrcheerful UK 2 December 21st 13 01:45 PM
Another Cyclist Selfish Bastard Judith[_4_] UK 11 June 26th 12 07:18 PM
Selfish parkers Simon Mason[_4_] UK 52 November 14th 11 06:49 PM
Arrogant selfish cyclist webreader UK 44 July 2nd 10 06:25 PM
Alien math. (was Another example of Schuh as moron (was Another Synthol moron)) Prisoner at War General 1 October 4th 07 09:27 PM