BC Discussion Thread

Old August 31st 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MT High

Default BC Discussion Thread

Which BC is easier to ride - plates or pegs?

I have a BC wheel with some old school BMX freestyle/flatland pegs on
the axle. Since I started seeing bc wheels with plates I often
wondered if the plates made it easier to ride.

--
MT High
Old August 31st 08, 12:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MT High

This is what mine looks like:

[image:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i8.../IMG_0605.jpg]

A little worse for wear, I think I have had it for about 18 years. The
wheel was second hand when I got it.

--
MT High
Old August 31st 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Nice BC you have there my friend. Does it get dirty if you're trying on
wet ground, like after a storm*???*

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

catinabag1 wrote:
we should provide the defibrilator
TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)
Old August 31st 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MT High

The stuff on the rim is rust Just a cheap 2nd hand wheel from many
years ago. The tyre doesn't seem to get dirty, the tread is a fairly
open design. I find the concrete or paving tends to get covered in
green marks, rather than the tyre being covered in black from the
ground. The tyre is about 20 years old.

--
MT High
Old November 19th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unigurd

i cant bc yet
will learning to coast better make it easier?

--
Unigurd

Old November 19th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

I kinda want a BC wheel...

But I'll probably ride it for like an hour total and then get bored.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism and Spencer.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

BillyTheMountain for President.
Old November 19th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unigurd

it will probly be the same here i have only tried them at unicon and
in my club

--
Unigurd

Old November 20th 08, 10:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
samsta002

What does everyone think of a bc wheel with a frame and seat?
I was thinking of building one in tec next year-
20" wheel
Welded platforms
Frame that attached solidly to the plates- removable?
Symetrical, skinny seat that can be used both ways around for unispins

What do you think?

--
samsta002

It's OK; luckily my neck broke my fall.

"Wow! Did you see that one-footer-no-eighty?!"
Old November 20th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unigurd

samsta002;1134154 wrote:
What does everyone think of a bc wheel with a frame and seat?
I was thinking of building one in tec next year-
20" wheel
Welded platforms
Frame that attached solidly to the plates- removable?
Symetrical, skinny seat that can be used both ways around for unispins

What do you think?

it sounds fun to try to ride, but
why not a normal seat?

--
Unigurd

Old November 20th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

samsta002;1134154 wrote:
What does everyone think of a bc wheel with a frame and seat?
I was thinking of building one in tec next year-
20" wheel
Welded platforms
Frame that attached solidly to the plates- removable?
Symetrical, skinny seat that can be used both ways around for unispins

What do you think?

I would build a freewheel uni instead. It's like a BC wheel but with
more possibilities.