Why did USA Cycling send a drug cheat to worlds?

Old October 7th 04, 06:19 PM
32spokes

Default Why did USA Cycling send a drug cheat to worlds?

warren Wrote:
Two choices: A newbie who doesn't know enough about bike racing to
comment on this, or a simple troll. Since you're frustrated about what
equipment you're using in a 4/5's race I'll guess the former.

If it is the former, I suggest you read some bike racing history about
the World Championship RR before making such comments or else you're
going to be flamed so much you may wish you never mentioned it. Go to
cyclingnews.com and look in their archives.

-WG

I guess this post is a troll but just because I am a slow cat 5 does
not mean I am a newbie. I follow bike racing and remember reading
about O'Bee failing for drugs a few years ago. It surprised me to see
his name in worlds since I did not think they would send a drug cheat.
O'Bee was only mentioned once in the cycling news live coverage and that
was when he was at the back of the bunch. It just seems to me that USA
Cycling could have sent a better team to support Horner.It seems to me
that sponsors should avoid putting drug cheats on their teams. These
people should receive lifetime bans rather then a one or two year break
from the sport. I don't see why the french liked spotted dick either.
The fans should encurage sponsors to drop these drug cheats and make
room for clean riders.

--
32spokes

Old October 7th 04, 08:40 PM
Sam

When lifetime bans are imposed, then it will solve the problem. Until then
one must abide by the selection procedures instituted or face a lawsuit that
would be lost in a hurry.

Obee did the crime, served the time. Those are the rules as they are now.

How about work to change the rules?

Old October 7th 04, 11:49 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:40:55 GMT, "Sam"
wrote:

When lifetime bans are imposed, then it will solve the problem.

Funny. You mean the problem of a people confirmed to have used drugs
racing again? Yeah, that;ll solve it.

It sure won't solve the problem of doping though.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 8th 04, 04:17 AM
RWM

wrote:

When lifetime bans are imposed, then it will solve the problem.

Funny. You mean the problem of a people confirmed to have used drugs
racing again? Yeah, that;ll solve it.

It sure won't solve the problem of doping though.

JT

If I remember correctly, in another tread we discussed that you think that
one of the biggest issue with doping in cycling now is that the testing is
done by groups that have a vesting interest in the sport and that you think
it would be much better if a completely independent agency did the testing.
I also think that you were not in support of life-time bans, but I don't
think that I ever saw what you think the penalties should be. Do you have
an opinion on penalties for testing positive?

Old October 8th 04, 05:56 AM
K. Gringioni

32spokes wrote:

I guess this post is a troll but just because I am a slow cat 5 does
not mean I am a newbie.

snip

Dumbass -

Yes it does.

Welcome to bike racing, newbie. Someday, perhaps you won't suck.

K. Gringioni.
36 spokes in the back, 32 in the front
Old October 8th 04, 12:24 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:17:50 -0700, "RWM" wrote:

If I remember correctly, in another tread we discussed that you think that
one of the biggest issue with doping in cycling now is that the testing is
done by groups that have a vesting interest in the sport and that you think
it would be much better if a completely independent agency did the testing.
I also think that you were not in support of life-time bans, but I don't
think that I ever saw what you think the penalties should be. Do you have
an opinion on penalties for testing positive?

Probably for minor stuff like the things found in cold medecines a
half a year or a year. For serious stuff like hormones and EPO
perhaps 2 years.

But I don't really have a strong opinion about these details. I just
want more people to be caught so there is real deterrence against
doping.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com