WIGGLE don't haggle (about refunds)

Old March 3rd 08, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TJ[_2_]

Default WIGGLE don't haggle (about refunds)

Bought a 700 x 35c Vittoria Randonneur Cross from www.wiggle.co.uk.

The inside circumference was so short to the point of damaging the rim
fitting it with steel levers. Pinched tubes etc, No way to risk this
performance if you get a flat while commuting.
I emailed Wiggle customer service.

They took it back for an immediate full refund and postage.

Their prices are great. And customer service like this proves they
stand behind what they sell. Which in this day and age of busted out
banks and guarantees not worth the paper they're written on is
something.
Old March 3rd 08, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 03/03/2008 20:58, TJ said,

I emailed Wiggle customer service.
They took it back for an immediate full refund and postage.

That is one thing Wiggle are very good at. I've also had one or two
problems that they sorted with no quibbling and no hassle, in one case
updating their website with correct info within hours.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old March 3rd 08, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

"TJ" wrote in message
Bought a 700 x 35c Vittoria Randonneur Cross from www.wiggle.co.uk.

The inside circumference was so short to the point of damaging the rim
fitting it with steel levers. Pinched tubes etc, No way to risk this
performance if you get a flat while commuting.
I emailed Wiggle customer service.

They took it back for an immediate full refund and postage.

Their prices are great. And customer service like this proves they
stand behind what they sell. Which in this day and age of busted out
banks and guarantees not worth the paper they're written on is
something.

There has been quite a lot of "anti wiggle" cant on here over the last year.

I have bought from them for 4 years on a regular basis and I have had nothing
but excellent and very helpful service from them , both from their sales team
and delivery methods -- and I have always used their free delivery system
without a single problem!
--

And I can check all the buys I have made from then over the years as well.

other on line sales organisations are nowhere near as reliable or as permanent
to my liking

BTW Wiggle don't pay me to say this!
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.
www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old March 3rd 08, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:38:32 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:

"TJ" wrote in message
[...]

I'm another fan of Wiggle. No complaints, except their inclusion of
wine gums seems particularly random.
Old March 3rd 08, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

news
wrote:

"TJ" wrote in message
[...]

oh yes I have missed out on the wine gums sometimes! Must be when profit
margins are lower!

Must remember to file a complaint next time

--
Trevor A Panther

Old March 3rd 08, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

TJ wrote:

Their prices are great.

No, they're not.

As it happens, just been looking to order SRAM PC991 chain and Shimano 760
rear mech.

SRAM PC991 chain:

Wiggle: £26.99 Chain Reaction: £19.99

Dearoe XT 760 rapid rise rear mech:

Wiggle: £31.99 Chain Reaction: £29.99

I've used both a lot, but these days prefer Chain Reaction. Chain reaction
do free first class delivery without the automatic £3 'priority service'
cobblers, and have been quite happy in the past to accept returns, in one
case for a faulty product and in a second where I was a muppet and ordered
completely erroneously. Chain Reaction have been cheaper in almost every
case when I've come to order online.

Just my 2p.

Tim
Sent from Birmingham, UK... all about me at www.nervouscyclist.org
'Now some people say that you shouldn't tempt fate, and for them I
cannot disagree - but I never learned nothing by playing it safe - I
say fate should not tempt me.' - Mary Chapin Carpenter

Old March 4th 08, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Tim Dunne wrote:
TJ wrote:

Their prices are great.

No, they're not.

Not for everything, but for a lot of accessories and some components their
prices cannot be beaten. They also have a 5 to 10% discount scheme for
regular customers.

Chain Reaction are also excellent, and cheaper for some items, but they do
not stock everything that Wiggle does.

~PB

Old March 4th 08, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Pete Biggs said the following on 04/03/2008 06:08:

Chain Reaction are also excellent, and cheaper for some items, but they do
not stock everything that Wiggle does.

I always check both when looking for something, tossing up the fact that
I get a personal discount with Wiggle (did I really spend that much in
the last xx months???) and the fact that I may or may not be able to get
whatever it is to my house easily.

I'm not anti-wiggle, but I am vehemently anti-CityLink, so that has to
be a factor in who I choose to use as well. If wiggle would offer
alternative shipping options so I could choose to avoid CityLink, even
if it cost a bit more, that would be great.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old March 4th 08, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 4 Mar, 08:03, Paul Boyd usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote:
Pete Biggs said the following on 04/03/2008 06:08:

Chain Reaction are also excellent, and cheaper for some items, but they do
not stock everything that Wiggle does.

I always check both when looking for something, tossing up the fact that
I get a personal discount with Wiggle (did I really spend that much in
the last xx months???) and the fact that I may or may not be able to get
whatever it is to my house easily.
I'm not anti-wiggle, but I am vehemently anti-CityLink, so that has to
be a factor in who I choose to use as well. *If wiggle would offer
alternative shipping options so I could choose to avoid CityLink, even
if it cost a bit more, that would be great.

Yeah if it isn't fairly certain someone will be in to receive the
delivery it does put me off Wiggle somewhat. Apart from the CityLink
problem I've had nothing but good service from both. For price
comparisons this can be handy http://bikepimp.co.uk/
Old March 4th 08, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PoB

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
news ||
| I'm another fan of Wiggle. No complaints, except their inclusion of
| wine gums seems particularly random.

A quick "me too" here - I've used wiggle a lot, and have never had a
hassle - although I can get deliveries at my work, which makes things
easier...

I've never had any wine gums though (or a bottle opener...)

I have to say though, that I have no loyalty, and will order from whoever
offers the best deal when I need a particular doodad....

pOB

wiggle pppeterrr UK 28 February 19th 07 08:36 AM
I cannot wiggle Martin Dann UK 19 December 1st 06 02:39 AM
Wiggle do it again. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 24 March 20th 04 11:21 PM
Wiggle Tony Raven UK 12 February 12th 04 10:29 PM
Wiggle head honcho (was Wiggle delivery) Chris Heys UK 5 December 9th 03 07:23 PM