What about your governor?

Old November 16th 09, 07:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default What about your governor?

From an article on the odder schemes to balance the Colorado budget:

"Bike to work. Gov. Ralph Carr (1939-43) bicycled to work, saving both
expenses and energy and getting some exercise. Carr used a tandem bike
with a state patrolman along for protection and extra pedal power on
the commute from his home at 747 Downing Street (recently designated a
Denver landmark) to the Capitol (where the new nearby State Judicial
Center is to be named for Carr)."
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_13776999

The photo from the newspaper:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2a75zsn.jpg

Looks like snow on the tires and the steps.

Neither rider seems to have a clue about the luggage rack.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old November 16th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Nov 15, 11:12*pm, wrote:
From an article on the odder schemes to balance the Colorado budget:

"Bike to work. Gov. Ralph Carr (1939-43) bicycled to work, saving both
expenses and energy and getting some exercise. Carr used a tandem bike
with a state patrolman along for protection and extra pedal power on
the commute from his home at 747 Downing Street (recently designated a
Denver landmark) to the Capitol (where the new nearby State Judicial
Center is to be named for Carr)."
*http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_13776999

The photo from the newspaper:
*http://i33.tinypic.com/2a75zsn.jpg

Looks like snow on the tires and the steps.

Neither rider seems to have a clue about the luggage rack.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_dRfx_L03x7c/.../governor2.jpg

(I think it was just show for an event, though.)
Old November 16th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

wrote in message
From an article on the odder schemes to balance the Colorado budget:

"Bike to work. Gov. Ralph Carr (1939-43) bicycled to work, saving both
expenses and energy and getting some exercise. Carr used a tandem bike
with a state patrolman along for protection and extra pedal power on
the commute from his home at 747 Downing Street (recently designated a
Denver landmark) to the Capitol (where the new nearby State Judicial
Center is to be named for Carr)."
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_13776999

The photo from the newspaper:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2a75zsn.jpg

Looks like snow on the tires and the steps.

Neither rider seems to have a clue about the luggage rack.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Well, it's the mayor:
http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/btwBud.jpg
Kerry

Old November 16th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Larry[_9_]

On Nov 16, 2:12*am, wrote:
From an article on the odder schemes to balance the Colorado budget:

"Bike to work. Gov. Ralph Carr (1939-43) bicycled to work, saving both
expenses and energy and getting some exercise. Carr used a tandem bike
with a state patrolman along for protection and extra pedal power on
the commute from his home at 747 Downing Street (recently designated a
Denver landmark) to the Capitol (where the new nearby State Judicial
Center is to be named for Carr)."
*http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_13776999

The photo from the newspaper:
*http://i33.tinypic.com/2a75zsn.jpg

Looks like snow on the tires and the steps.

Neither rider seems to have a clue about the luggage rack.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

http://www.governor.virginia.gov/Med...02_b_bikeRide/

He's also been on Bike Virginia and organized the Mayor's ride which
he was Mayor of Richmond and his son races!! Too bad the constitution
of Virginia only allows a Governor to serve one term!!
Old November 17th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Nov 16, 2:12*am, wrote:
From an article on the odder schemes to balance the Colorado budget:

"Bike to work. Gov. Ralph Carr (1939-43) bicycled to work, saving both
expenses and energy and getting some exercise. Carr used a tandem bike
with a state patrolman along for protection and extra pedal power on
the commute from his home at 747 Downing Street (recently designated a
Denver landmark) to the Capitol (where the new nearby State Judicial
Center is to be named for Carr)."
*http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_13776999

The photo from the newspaper:
*http://i33.tinypic.com/2a75zsn.jpg

Looks like snow on the tires and the steps.

Neither rider seems to have a clue about the luggage rack.

Certain people must think both men died horrible deaths just after the
photo was taken. That's based on their choice of hats and headlight.

- Frank Krygowski
Old November 19th 09, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Király

Hah. My provincial premier (the equivalent of a state governor) is a
joke by comparison.

On November 11th I took my girls to the Vancouver Victory Square
cenotaph for the Remembrance Day ceremony. my girls were handing out
poppies and ceremony programs to passers by.

British Columbia Premier Gordon Campbell pulled up right beside us, and
stopped the car (well, his driver did.) In a no-stopping zone. He got
out of the car, all smiles, and walked the remaining 50 feet to the
cenotaph. His driver remained in the car, idling for the next ten
minutes about five feet away from where my girls were standing (idling
is illegal in Vancouver.) I had to knock on the window and ask the
premier's driver to shut the engine off.

Here's premier Campbell's most famous photo:

http://blog.thismagazine.ca/archives...ell%20copy.jpg

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
Old November 19th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 19, 1:20*am, (Király) wrote:
Hah. *My provincial premier (the equivalent of a state governor) is a
joke by comparison.

deleted

At least he wasn't trying to profit from his office and sell Obama's
vacant senate seat.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/corruption/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,7494354.story

Videos were created:
http://www.sj-r.com/videos?vid_id=3L...=youtube_gdata
http://www.sj-r.com/videos?vid_id=1x...=youtube_gdata

Unemployed, the gov and wife got short term jobs on reality shows:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...2054834.column

Bicycle Jersey created with his "fatal" quote:
http://www.spfldcycling.org/NL/QR200909.pdf Middle left of page 16.
There are a few smaller size available (about $55 each) but not
through the listed bicycle shops. Champion systems is the
manufacturer so an order of 10 is needed for re-0rder, there are plans
to promote the jersey next spring.

Old November 20th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
futrino[_3_]

He had his office remove the photo of him getting into the water,

overweight, but he did finish the triathlon respectfully.

http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/cover...ested-governor