stupid q

Old August 6th 05, 03:31 PM
ellis

Default stupid q

Would 26" mtb wheels fit on a BMX frame, if a mtb fork was used? I know
that frame brake bosses won't work with 26" rear wheel, but say a disc brake
was used for rear, would the frame have enough clearance for the mtb wheels?
TIA.

Old August 6th 05, 04:31 PM
Robin Hubert

ellis wrote:
Would 26" mtb wheels fit on a BMX frame, if a mtb fork was used? I know
that frame brake bosses won't work with 26" rear wheel, but say a disc brake
was used for rear, would the frame have enough clearance for the mtb wheels?
TIA.

Try it. You might like riding a chopper with a propensity to do
wheelies with each pedal stroke.

Robin Hubert
Old August 6th 05, 05:51 PM
Werehatrack

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:31:31 GMT, "ellis" wrote:

Would 26" mtb wheels fit on a BMX frame, if a mtb fork was used? I know
that frame brake bosses won't work with 26" rear wheel, but say a disc brake
was used for rear, would the frame have enough clearance for the mtb wheels?

26" wheels will almost never fit inside the stays in the rear triangle
of a bmx bike. Try it and see.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old August 6th 05, 05:52 PM
Werehatrack

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:31:55 GMT, Robin Hubert
wrote:

ellis wrote:
Would 26" mtb wheels fit on a BMX frame, if a mtb fork was used? I know
that frame brake bosses won't work with 26" rear wheel, but say a disc brake
was used for rear, would the frame have enough clearance for the mtb wheels?
TIA.

Try it. You might like riding a chopper with a propensity to do
wheelies with each pedal stroke.

I've seen the reverse too often as well; a 24" front wheel on a 26"
bike.

You would be amazed at the junk that shows up in the police auction
piles.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.