R.B.Tech

Old June 30th 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
K. Fred Gauss[_6_]

Default R.B.Tech

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Jobst Brandt wrote:

I find the newsgroup has lost its verve declining over the last two
years to a rowdy insulting forum of people hiding behind obscure
aliases and writing about non technical, non bicycle issues. I was
reminded of that by the many riders in garish clothing and all black
bicycles while wearing dark (black lenses) stylish sun glasses while
in dense fog that stayed till mid afternoon around these parts.

I seemed to be more a fashion adventure than an interesting bike ride.
It fits in well with all the cars with four exhaust pipes and shaped
chromed trumpets that roar past when there isn't a huge jacked up
truck with low cross section tires instead. Where is our society
going with all these fashion statements, on the road and in writing?

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office
with a duck on his head. The psychiatrist
asks "What may I do for you?" The duck says
"Get this guy off my ass."

Thank you.
Old June 30th 10, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

well, fashion supports AMuzi et al and Andrew fixs bikes for the
retarded and GOD knows there are more of them than us right ? so what
the hey ? The $75 jerseys can be seen as I slide up in muh Ford GT
saying a helluva lot more in fashion statement than the touring slobs
up here in the NW all in black.

Its the Gunbelt Syndrome. Or Wannabe Gunbelt Syndrome.....

95% of those guys ride good or they'd get laughed off the berm.

As for wide ranging topic when "how do I remove a DT spoke from my
hand" ? posts are meager..well thatsnot so bad is it ? As long as we
don't have to watch endless tirades on' the end of civilization as we
know it'..... one or two on point is enough once a month.

What's in a name right ?

Butbutbut I should try Rolloff calling Ert....there are no new
posters !!!

my dream demon came to me last night suggesting the LBS types had
pacted for not discussing LBS type subject material thus eliminating
further discussion of why no new posters....

no new posters ? that's nothing wrong with us. we're here and we know
it all, right ? and if not we can learn.

JB are you asking are people perceptive, aware, conscious,
understanding, responsible to the earth..**** JB you're German !!!!

Old June 30th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

OK there are two groups, making an intelligent disticntion right ?
one group is intelligent to the level of disposable income, young,
athletic, competitive so when the Armstrong effect surfaced these
dandies grouped and went out buying new bikes. The new bikes are yet
to wear out, the online sheldon brown taught owners are driven to self
maintain through group pressure or hire LBS as a greener than thou
position. Maybe this group finds appearing hear as mingling with a
lesser human form.
The other group are riding older bikes, not as intelligent, not as
competitive and more or less not online as O-N-L-I-N-E neuronally.
What's left ? 15 year olds with computers !
like me !!!

Old July 1st 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

kolldata wrote:
[...]

Although we USAians often wear our parents' extraction
proudly, Mr Brandt is as American as you are.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old July 1st 10, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jul 1, 2:31*am, AMuzi wrote:
kolldata wrote:
[...]

At least.

Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971

These constant attempts to exclude this person and that by clowns who
claim the sole right to decide who is an American, or a cyclist (as
Krygowski recently tried to do), is nasty form of control-freakery.
Fortunately those who practice it are so limply transparent, and one
must say clumsy as well, that they have no hope of progressing to that
totalitarianism they dream of. -- Andre Jute
Old July 1st 10, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

kolldata wrote:
OK there are two groups, making an intelligent disticntion right ?
one group is intelligent to the level of disposable income, young,
athletic, competitive so when the Armstrong effect surfaced these
dandies grouped and went out buying new bikes. The new bikes are yet
to wear out, the online sheldon brown taught owners are driven to self
maintain through group pressure or hire LBS as a greener than thou
position. Maybe this group finds appearing hear as mingling with a
lesser human form.
The other group are riding older bikes, not as intelligent, not as
competitive and more or less not online as O-N-L-I-N-E neuronally.
What's left ? 15 year olds with computers !
like me !!!

Hmm.
Old bike, not intelligent. Check.

Just came back from errands on my 1953 Raleigh...

Old July 1st 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/30/2010 09:31 PM, AMuzi wrote:
kolldata wrote:
[...]

Indeed, Mr. Brandt appears to have little choice in the matter :P

nate

(not that there's anything wrong with a distinctively German name, mind
you... I think I got the *least* obviously German surname of all the
ones in my family, at least in the last few generations...)

Mr
Brandt is as American as you are.

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old July 1st 10, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Andre Jute wrote:
On Jul 1, 2:31 am, AMuzi wrote:
kolldata wrote:
[...]

That sound you hear is Mr Jute and I singing Kumbaya 3800
miles apart.

Old July 1st 10, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Jun 30, 9:40*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

These constant attempts to exclude this person and that by clowns who
claim the sole right to decide who is an American, or a cyclist (as
Krygowski recently tried to do)...

Sounds less than accurate, or less than truthful, based on what I
believe and normally write. But I'd like to see what confused you.

So: Citation?

- Frank Krygowski
Old July 1st 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jul 1, 3:52*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jun 30, 9:40*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

These constant attempts to exclude this person and that by clowns who
claim the sole right to decide who is an American, or a cyclist (as
Krygowski recently tried to do)...

Sounds less than accurate, or less than truthful, based on what I
believe and normally write. *But I'd like to see what confused you.

So: *Citation?

- Frank Krygowski

I have answered Krygowski in a new thread "Krygowski the Kounter-
Bicycle-Advocate" at
http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bi...48d&oldstate=0

-- AJ

Bicycles tech for all nice Techniques 0 January 11th 08 01:48 PM
LIME TECH datakoll Techniques 2 December 26th 07 04:33 AM
r.b.tech is sick [email protected] General 27 October 3rd 06 02:57 PM
Tech ? What Gives? ohboy Techniques 0 December 28th 05 04:52 PM