Car kills two women on pavement

Old December 18th 10, 01:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SW[_3_]

Default Car kills two women on pavement

If this idiot had been riding a bike instead of driving a car, two young
women would still be alive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-12020022

Old December 18th 10, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Dec 18, 1:32*am, SW wrote:
If this idiot had been riding a bike instead of driving a car, two young
women would still be alive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-12020022

Groan! Not another killer driver on a pavement! The motorists here
bang on about cyclists on pavements but its clear to see where the
worst danger really lies so why don't they bang on about drivers? I'll
tell you why, because they know it could all to easily be one of them
behind the wheel and smashing onto a pavement.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old December 18th 10, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 18/12/2010 16:01, Doug wrote:
On Dec 18, 1:32 am, wrote:
If this idiot had been riding a bike instead of driving a car, two young
women would still be alive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-12020022

Groan! Not another killer driver on a pavement! The motorists here
bang on about cyclists on pavements but its clear to see where the
worst danger really lies so why don't they bang on about drivers? I'll
tell you why, because they know it could all to easily be one of them
behind the wheel and smashing onto a pavement...

....accidentally.

Indeed. One never knows the minute. Only a fool thinks he is perfect.
Old December 18th 10, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Dec 18, 4:01*pm, Doug wrote:
On Dec 18, 1:32*am, SW wrote: If this idiot had been riding a bike instead of driving a car, two young
women would still be alive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-12020022

Groan! Not another killer driver on a pavement! The motorists here
bang on about cyclists on pavements but its clear to see where the
worst danger really lies so why don't they bang on about drivers? I'll
tell you why, because they know it could all to easily be one of them
behind the wheel and smashing onto a pavement.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
*http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Did this motorist intend to be on the pavement?
Old December 18th 10, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Dec 18, 6:20*pm, PeterG wrote:
On Dec 18, 4:01*pm, Doug wrote:

On Dec 18, 1:32*am, SW wrote: If this idiot had been riding a bike instead of driving a car, two young
women would still be alive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-12020022

Groan! Not another killer driver on a pavement! The motorists here
bang on about cyclists on pavements but its clear to see where the
worst danger really lies so why don't they bang on about drivers? I'll
tell you why, because they know it could all to easily be one of them
behind the wheel and smashing onto a pavement.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
*http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Did this motorist intend to be on the pavement?

Did these two girls leave home intending to die?

Just necessary costs in producing the greatest good for the greatest
number, apparently.
Old December 18th 10, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
ash[_2_]

On Dec 18, 9:17*pm, Squashme wrote:
On Dec 18, 6:20*pm, PeterG wrote:

On Dec 18, 4:01*pm, Doug wrote:

On Dec 18, 1:32*am, SW wrote: If this idiot had been riding a bike instead of driving a car, two young
women would still be alive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-12020022

Groan! Not another killer driver on a pavement! The motorists here
bang on about cyclists on pavements but its clear to see where the
worst danger really lies so why don't they bang on about drivers? I'll
tell you why, because they know it could all to easily be one of them
behind the wheel and smashing onto a pavement.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
*http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Did this motorist intend to be on the pavement?

Did these two girls leave home intending to die?

Just necessary costs in producing the greatest good for the greatest
number, apparently.

Obviously not, and I very much doubt that did the driver put his
vehicle deliberately on the pavement either. Look up the definition of
Accident. A cyclist deliberately riding on the pavement and hitting
someone would struggle to mitigate their actions after the event!
Old December 18th 10, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SW[_3_]

On 18/12/2010 18:20, PeterG wrote:
On Dec 18, 4:01 pm, wrote:
On Dec 18, 1:32 am, wrote: If this idiot had been riding a bike instead of driving a car, two young
women would still be alive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-12020022

Groan! Not another killer driver on a pavement! The motorists here
bang on about cyclists on pavements but its clear to see where the
worst danger really lies so why don't they bang on about drivers? I'll
tell you why, because they know it could all to easily be one of them
behind the wheel and smashing onto a pavement.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Did this motorist intend to be on the pavement?

Hopefully not but it is clear that motorists who intend to be on the
road present more far danger to pedestrians than cyclists who intend to
be on the pavement. It is about time that motoring regulations were
tightened up and fully enforced.

Old December 18th 10, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SW[_3_]

On 18/12/2010 22:02, SW wrote:
more far danger

and far more danger as well
Old December 18th 10, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Dec 18, 6:20*pm, PeterG wrote:

On Dec 18, 4:01*pm, Doug wrote:

[...]

"Accident:-
a. An unexpected and undesirable event, especially one resulting in
damage or harm: car accidents on icy roads.
b. An unforeseen incident"

It seems to me that car accidents on icy roads (particularly) are not
accidents. They are foreseeable, in general. Therefore motorists
should take more care, or not even drive at such times. If they choose
to drive, they are obviously willing to risk not just their own lives
but the lives of others, as they are in charge of heavy, potentially
dangerous, fast machines, which they manoeuvre in close proximity to
soft-skinned, breakable and fallible beings. We are allowed to
consciously risk the lives of others, and yet often not be guilty of
anything, because, when the foreseeable happens, it is an "accident."
Old December 19th 10, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

On Dec 18, 6:20 pm, PeterG wrote:

On Dec 18, 4:01 pm, Doug wrote:

[...]

the other cyclists make it the pedestrians' fault for being the the old
blind guy the other week, or the motorists' for scaring them onto the
pavements : numerous incidents, almost every week are in the papers.