Idea for a brake for my 28" unicycle

Old December 22nd 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

Default Idea for a brake for my 28" unicycle

So I came across a linear bike brake and decided that I wanted to put it
on my 28" unicycle so I could put my 4" cranks back on (because it was
impossible to slow down without falling back). So I was wondering if any
had done this before, or If I could do it. I took a pic of where I would
have to drill through the frame to mount the brake

[image:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n.../DSCF1071.jpg]

I would assume that drilling a hole through the frame wouldn't weaken
it

and here's the brake that I want to use

[image:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n.../DSCF1072.jpg]

I'm sure this is doable, I just need a brake line and the tubing (and
some reassurance that it will work , which I hope it does).

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old December 22nd 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

I'm sure someone has something to say about this?

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old December 22nd 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

I think it would work, but I think you should wait and see what others
have to say about it before you go and drill it.

--
Michaelgoround
Old December 22nd 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

Michaelgoround;1154971 wrote:
I think it would work, but I think you should wait and see what others
have to say about it before you go and drill it.

Yea, I was hoping for a few replies by now about it, also I should
mention it's a sun 28" unicycle, sun isn't that bad really.

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old December 22nd 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Quite a few people do that and it works really well.

I dont remember if theres ever been a full guide on it, so it would be
awesome if you did a walkthrough of your steps and post that in RSU and
a copy of the thread in the tutorial section. I think it would help
quite a lot people.

--
Jerrick

'*Bought it!*' (http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa)
*Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old December 22nd 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

Jerrick;1155000 wrote:
Quite a few people do that and it works really well.

I dont remember if theres ever been a full guide on it, so it would be
awesome if you did a walkthrough of your steps and post that in RSU and
a copy of the thread in the tutorial section. I think it would help
quite a lot people.

Alright, tomorrow I should be able to make a tutorial.

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old December 22nd 08, 09:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
412

If you buy the magazine "uni", issue 1 (or maybe 2) there is a tuturial
on exactly this. Only difference is that that they make it a drag-brake
by using an old shifter instead of a brake lever.

--
412
Old December 22nd 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

412;1155279 wrote:
If you buy the magazine "uni", issue 1 (or maybe 2) there is a tuturial
on exactly this. Only difference is that that they make it a drag-brake
by using an old shifter instead of a brake lever.

Issue 1 covers this item very good.

--
Probailer2

JJuggle wrote:
If somebody cloned your mother would you have sex with the clone? I
should think not.

Danni wrote:
I don't like having penis written all over my uni .

manon1wheel wrote:
no offense but deads look plain old gross...

Old December 22nd 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

yep is was a classic move to fit brakes to cokers back in the day, I've
never heard of anyone having issues wiht frame strength as a result and
apparently they work well.

--
kington99

Dave

Old December 22nd 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

Well, my dad is telling me that drilling a hole in the frame will weaken
it... Not that drilling a small hole through the frame is going to be
"devastating" to its strength. All I need is the brake line for it.

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo