Need a 9 speed Campy cable starter set

Old March 18th 12, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Postman Delivers[_3_]

Default Need a 9 speed Campy cable starter set

Want to spit shine/replace and help the bicycle shift better. Should I
also replace the bottom bracket, it looks horrid...

Is there a difference in the cable & Housing diameter/size between 10/11
and the older 9 speed?

I read 11 uses 4 mm and 10 4.5 mm and 9 speed was 5 mm, but today I am
blind and can not seem to find the reference on-line.

I want to use the right cable for a 9 speed but can not seem to find any
listings.

JR the postman
Old March 19th 12, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Mar 18, 3:25*pm, Postman Delivers
wrote:
Want to spit shine/replace and help the bicycle shift better. *Should I
also replace the bottom bracket, it looks horrid...

Is there a difference in the cable & Housing diameter/size between 10/11
and the older 9 speed?

I read 11 uses 4 mm and 10 4.5 mm and 9 speed was 5 mm, but today I am
blind and can not seem to find the reference on-line.

I want to use the right cable for a 9 speed but can not seem to find any
listings.

JR the postman

Hi there.

If you can't stand the look ofthe bottom bracket then go ahead and
replace it.

As far as I know it doesn't make any difference what diameter the
cables are. What will matter is the nipple at the end of the cable. I
had to use either Shimano or Jaguire inner cables on my Campy 9 speed
Ergos and I had to gring the nipple down to fit into the recess
without it binding.

Cheers
Old March 19th 12, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output...=96 0&bih=555

next ! metric circlips
Old March 19th 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 12:25:24 PM UTC-7, Postman Delivers wrote:
Want to spit shine/replace and help the bicycle shift better. Should I
also replace the bottom bracket, it looks horrid...

Is there a difference in the cable & Housing diameter/size between 10/11
and the older 9 speed?

I read 11 uses 4 mm and 10 4.5 mm and 9 speed was 5 mm, but today I am
blind and can not seem to find the reference on-line.

I want to use the right cable for a 9 speed but can not seem to find any
listings.

JR the postman

The 11 speed cable set works fine with 9-speed setups.