Beer me Floyd

Old July 26th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Default Beer me Floyd

G.T. wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
G.T. wrote:

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
groups.com...

What's wrong with Wonder Bread and american cheese?? Helps build strong
bodies 12 ways ya know....I like it with Kraft sandwich spread
tho...

Yum.

and chase it with a Fosters, 3-X, Peroni or Mickeys' big
mouth.......

Even yummier.

Hope ya ride yer rig tho...not just pose with it....Nice
SUV BTW-how do ya like the price of gas???

It's fine. I ride my bike to work and use the SUV to get away from work on
the weekends as in that picture.

Greg

hmmmm, i ride my bike on the weekends to get away...not in a great big
gass guzzling vehicle first.....are you sure you aren't a RN???

Registered Nurse?

You must have an awfully myopic view of our great country if you're
limited to a 200 mile radius of your hometown on the weekends.

Greg

20 years as a USN fighter pilot, 17 address in 20 years. have lived on
both coasts, including gulf coast, including 30 months in Japan...don't
need to drive around to see what a 'great; country it is...The
"Republic of Boulder' and it's county suits me fine plus I can use that
$30 for a tank of gold to buy a new tire.

Old July 26th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Michael Press wrote:
In article
.com,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

What's wrong with Wonder Bread and american cheese?? Helps build strong
bodies 12 ways ya know....I like it with Kraft sandwich spread
tho...and chase it with a Fosters, 3-X, Peroni or Mickeys' big
mouth.......Hope ya ride yer rig tho...not just pose with it....Nice
SUV BTW-how do ya like the price of gas???

You have no use for the micro breweries, while I have.
Still, I think that Mickeys' is better than most beers,
regardless of origin, price, or reputation. It is a good
honest pilsner with a respectable alcohol content.

Yep, I fond that out 5 times last night....

--
Michael Press

Old July 26th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Kevin wrote:
SYJ wrote:
My old man grew up in TX...after he saw me sucking down a Shiner Bock
one day (pre Armstrong TdF era), he told me that he and his buddies
drank Shiner back in the day - but only if they couldn't afford Lone
Star (This is much funnier if you've ever had the misfortune of tasting
Lone Star in a can).

SYJ

This one time, at a chili cook off in La Grange, I remember digging thru
the cooler HOPING to find a Lone Star Light! (Light is MUCH worse than
regular Lone Star). The only other choice was Buckhorn. If you haven't
tasted either imagine Pabst/Iron City/Falstaff that had been sitting in
a hot warehouse for a couple of years.

Hey, it's their own fault for letting (making) a broke guy (me) buy the
beer.

I apologized for years, I don't think the rest of the cook off team ever
forgave me.

It was a great day in the City of Pittsburgh when Tom Pastorius opened
the Penn Brewery (has it been 13 years already?). Microbreweries such
as The Foundry and Valhalla have come and gone, but one can still grab
a fine German meal of and wash it down with copious amounts of Penn
Dark.
Funny how much contract brewing for Sam Adams Iron City used to do.

-bdbafh

Old July 26th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Todd Tracy wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Ogrady's column reminded me to ask...Floyd said after he popped on the
Wednesday stage, he just wanted a beer...wonder what he prefers??

Now this is important TdF tech!!!!

Don't know about Floyd, but I have heard that Lance Armstrong (like a
lot of Texans) prefers Shiner Bock, while Levi Leipheimer (like a lot
of Californians) prefers Sierra Nevada. I must say I have much more
respect for Levi's choice.

See my post...doin't mind SB...Sierra Nevada makes me gag.....

Dumbass,

A brewery makes you gag?

Might you be referring to their Bigfoot Barleywine?
Porter?
Stout?
Pale Ale?
Brown Ale? (goes great with barbeque)
Celebration Ale? (seasonal)
Wheat?
Summer Ale?

S-N is not my favorite brewery by any means (that would be Stone
Brewery) but they put out decent stuff, across the board.

-bdbafh

Old July 27th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
How about anything from the brewery makes me gag...clear it up for
you????

My usual is SN Pale. Seems kinda variable; maybe it's just me but there
have been samples where if that had been my first SNP, it would have
been the last. Their Stout, I've tried a couple of times. An insult to
the name.

Mickey's? It's been 20 years, or more. You're up! --D-y

Old August 1st 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
* * Chas

wrote in message
oups.com...

Kevin wrote:
SYJ wrote:
[...]

It's 20 years 1986-2006!

My grandfather was a cooper (barrel maker) at the old E&O Brewery
(Eberhardt & Ober Brewing) until prohibition: "Drink E & O Early and
Often".

The E&O Brewery building remained vacant for many years until it opened
in 1986 as Penn Brewery. They are pretty unique among microbreweries as
they produce pilsners vs. ales. They make some very good German style
beers and great food also.

Out here on the left coast Sam Adams ran a bunch of BS ads claiming that
most breweries spill more beer than Sam Adams makes - probably very
true!

Pittsburgh Brewing Co. makers of IRON CITY has produced about 99% of the
blue label Sam Adams Boston Lager. Portland's Henry Weinhard
(Blitz-Weinhard) and Genesee Brewing Company in New York State make the
Sam Adams red and green label beers, I can't remember which is which but
read the labels.

Chas.

Poor Floyd Scott Racing 26 July 1st 06 11:16 PM
Open Source Beer! Garrison Hilliard General 2 August 1st 05 08:23 AM
Lance and Floyd psycholist Racing 49 May 5th 05 05:01 PM
OT Beer help Bryan UK 19 April 17th 05 11:02 PM
OT/BR: Beer outing Jimbo(san) Mountain Biking 14 October 21st 04 10:50 AM