Replacing external bearing bb. w/ Internal

Old July 25th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James R. Lewis

Default Replacing external bearing bb. w/ Internal

I have a 2006 Giant OCR Limited with a Truvativ Rouller triple crank with
the external bearings. I'd like to transfer parts from another bike and
convert the Giant to a compact double with an 'older' style internal b.b.
Will the internal b.b. setup fit on the Giant frame?
Thanks! Jim

Old July 25th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

James R. Lewis wrote:
I have a 2006 Giant OCR Limited with a Truvativ Rouller triple crank with
the external bearings. I'd like to transfer parts from another bike and
convert the Giant to a compact double with an 'older' style internal b.b.
Will the internal b.b. setup fit on the Giant frame?
Thanks! Jim

Yes. Unless your older BB has Italian threads, which is unlikely.

Joseph

Old July 31st 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

James,
I just did the same thing and put an ultegra BB and Ritchey cranks..
very happy so far.

Mike

Old July 31st 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

James R. Lewis wrote:
I have a 2006 Giant OCR Limited with a Truvativ Rouller triple crank with
the external bearings. I'd like to transfer parts from another bike and
convert the Giant to a compact double with an 'older' style internal b.b.
Will the internal b.b. setup fit on the Giant frame?
Thanks! Jim

Sure, that hasn't changed...remember the right side 'cup' is left
threaded-rightly-loosey-