"Tactics...what do you mean?"

Old July 25th 05, 09:54 PM
Jet

Default "Tactics...what do you mean?"

Caution: Spoilers to LA interview posted to 'sports'.
..
..
..
..
..
..
Pretty cool story GH tells on the 16 y.o. LA at the first race they did
together in Colorado.

George says when he was young he won just about every race he entered. He
was on the East coast and Lance in Texas but they drove to Colorado Springs
together to do this race.

At the start, 14 year old George says to 'Hey Lance, what do you want to do
today? What's going to be the tactic?'

Lance says 'What do you mean?'

George says "Well let's ride together, let's do a tactic". He was like "I'm
gonna attack from the start and I'm gonna win"!'

George clucks his tongue. 'That's what he said to me...and I was like
"whatever", thinking laughs, rolls eyes 'I'm just gonna follow him'.

"Sure enough Lance goes at the start and me and another rider follow him.
And we were working together and sure enough one-by-one the other rider got
dropped and I got dropped and Lance won!"

Heh-heh. Gotta love it.

He also talks about taking some long rides in the rain and cold on instinct
that 'more miles' was needed. Rode the day before the race (or 2 days)
160km on that Wednesday, then on Thursday, rode 240km unsupported.

Then went back had a massage and ate and went to bed. He says 'and my mom
was there. I stayed in the room with my mom the whole time'.

Oh, his ergogenic aid? "Every hour I stopped and had a Snickers bar and a
coke. For eight hours". ;-)

Apologies to those who have already heard the vid. and to anyone
accidentally spoiled.

jj

PS there's also a nice candid still of Fabio Casartelli
Old July 25th 05, 10:31 PM
Mark Janeba

Jet wrote:

Caution: Spoilers to LA interview posted to 'sports'.

Thanks, could you tell us where to find the interview?

Mark

Old July 26th 05, 01:03 AM
Tom Kunich

"Mark Janeba" wrote in message
Jet wrote:

Caution: Spoilers to LA interview posted to 'sports'.

Thanks, could you tell us where to find the interview?

In his perverted mother lusting mind.

Old July 26th 05, 08:37 PM
Jan

Hi there,

Try:
http://portal.omroep.nl/mplayer?nav=...bGcZtHnSopBfqB

or

http://portal.omroep.nl/mplayer?nav=...HEbGcZtHjIkabB

There is dutch comment but it's still nice to watch.

Cheers,

Jan

Old July 26th 05, 11:40 PM
Mark Janeba

Jan wrote:

Hi there,

Try:
http://portal.omroep.nl/mplayer?nav=...bGcZtHnSopBfqB

or

http://portal.omroep.nl/mplayer?nav=...HEbGcZtHjIkabB

There is dutch comment but it's still nice to watch.

Wow, that was great - well worth the time to watch. Thanks!

Mark

Cheers,

Jan

Old July 27th 05, 09:19 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:40:00 -0700, Mark Janeba wrote:
Jan wrote:
mms://streams.omroep.nl/nos/nieuws/2005/juni/video/300605/docu_armstrong.wmv

Wow, that was great - well worth the time to watch. Thanks!

Unreachable right now, but probably the same thing that was uploaded to
alt.binaries.multimedia.sports? So try there.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/