Spare a thought for the poor Audax souls...

Old May 21st 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Spare a thought for the poor Audax souls...

Who are out on 400's and 600's this weekend. I know of two DNS/F's for
the Bryan Chapman already. I imagine anyone on the Spurn Head 400 will
have had their rims grinding pasted down to fag paper by now.

Old May 21st 06, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

MartinM wrote:
Who are out on 400's and 600's this weekend.

Well, as I commented to my clubmate out on the rain-soaked roads of east
Kent this morning: "We may be wet, but would you honestly rather be
stuck indoors?"

Remember: there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

d.
Old May 21st 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

davek wrote:
MartinM wrote:
Who are out on 400's and 600's this weekend.

Well, as I commented to my clubmate out on the rain-soaked roads of east
Kent this morning: "We may be wet, but would you honestly rather be
stuck indoors?"

I _have_ been stuck indoors ;-(

Remember: there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

OK find me a pair of really waterproof gloves!

Old May 21st 06, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

MartinM wrote:
Who are out on 400's and 600's this weekend. I know of two DNS/F's for
the Bryan Chapman already. I imagine anyone on the Spurn Head 400 will
have had their rims grinding pasted down to fag paper by now.

I'll do a RR soon. The Spurn Head had about 8 DNSs out of about 25
entries, didn't hear of any DNFs. We finished after 24 hours about half
way down the field. Mr Larrington was about an hour ahead. 1 puncture
for me, two for another guy in my group, he had one before we caught
them too. Rain stopped after about 200km. Windy for a while near the
coast but died away as the afternoon turned to evening or as we got
further away from the sea. No sandblasting this year !!! Tougher than
last year due to the wet, the cumulative distance in me maybe. No aches
or pains just tired. Very sociable, nice to meet Dave Larrington
Old May 21st 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

MartinM wrote:
OK find me a pair of really waterproof gloves!

Wish I could! My hands were sodden by the time I got home from the club
ride.

Actually, I didn't mind getting wet today as it was not cold, except in
the windy bits - which really were very windy, especially along the
coast. I appreciate conditions may have been somewhat worse elsewhere on
the island. The rain here didn't get /really/ heavy until some time
after I'd got home.

I also went out for a short ride with my son this afternoon, in one of
the brief dry spells between showers. The lane we took was rather
flooded in parts. He took great delight in riding through deep puddles
at speed - until he realised that this was making his legs soaked.
Still, being out on your bike beats homework, even in the rain...

d.
Old May 21st 06, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Spurn Head has got a giant black cloud over it at the moment with loads
of lightning in the sky. I am actually glad to be at work, even though
it's my holiday, than to be stuck out in that lot.

Old May 22nd 06, 02:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

22-23 July? I'm due to be off that weekend - give us a shout near the
date and I'll ride shotgun for a bit.
Simon

Old May 22nd 06, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

MartinM wrote:

perhaps you could do a little dance to make sure it stays there in 8
weeks time when Mr Larrington and I will be visiting Land of the White
Phonebox.

Not planning to call Hughie on the big white telephone are you?

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci