Biker Killed by Mountain Lion

Old January 11th 04, 08:31 AM
Freewheeling

Default OT Biker Killed by Mountain Lion

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:09:54 -0500, Jeff Potter
wrote:

Solution: let the trophy hunters knock off a few old toms and the young ones have LOTS more elbow room.

OK, but does that mean we have to cater to the simpering wimps that
hire local outfits to tree the creatures so they can come in for a
quickshot? I mean, set some decent rules for the hunt, like civilized
people. Something that's not essentially shameful.
http://www.demosophia.com
Old January 11th 04, 12:28 PM
Tom Sherman

Default Biker Killed by Mountain Lion

GeoB wrote:

Well, I don't think you are running for election but personally I'd
tone that down a bit. I think there are many many things that can be
done to lessen the impact of living in the woods. It's just that
people are so stinkin' stupid and destroy everything needlessly. It
doesn't *have* to be that way. Oh, I don't want people living in the
woods (except me) but if they are going to, then do it the right way.
Blend the house in. Don't pollute. With light, noise, air pollution
etc. Be considerate. No dogs on the premises even in the house. No
cats...

Too late. Feral cats are to be found in almost any habitat where they
can survive in the US.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Old January 11th 04, 02:35 PM
Dennis Tresenriter

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:28:32 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Too late. Feral cats are to be found in almost any habitat where they
can survive in the US.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Correct. I tied in to a few wild pussy cats in 1980 that had been
living in a wooded area behind my house. They had decided that any
time my garage door was open, it was garbage buffet time.

To make a long story short, my county at that time was experiencing a
rabies epidemic and had determined a couple cases within a mile of my
home. After a rather nasty encounter while trying to clear my garage
of the nasty vermin, I ended up taking rabies shots. :-)

-Dennis in the wilds of Central Illinois

Old January 11th 04, 02:50 PM
Jeff Potter

I remember an ad from the 1800's for the "cyclist's pistol"---for
protection against vagrants and wild animals, it said.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old January 11th 04, 05:30 PM
Tom Sherman

Jeff Potter wrote:

I remember an ad from the 1800's for the "cyclist's pistol"---for
protection against vagrants and wild animals, it said.

Mr. Potter,

I never realized that you were that old.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Old January 11th 04, 10:41 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 03:31:18 -0500, Freewheeling
wrote:

Solution: let the trophy hunters knock off a few old toms and the young ones have LOTS more elbow room.

OK, but does that mean we have to cater to the simpering wimps that
hire local outfits to tree the creatures so they can come in for a
quickshot? I mean, set some decent rules for the hunt, like civilized
people.

Should we bite the mountain lions' necks off, then?
Old January 11th 04, 11:03 PM
DH

I think you and I would get along pretty good as long as we stay off
the subject of politics. Although, believe it or not, I can swing as
far to the Left as I can to the Right. The only place I am never too
comfortable is in the middle.

Ed, I'm pretty sure most people would get along with you as long as
politics were not discussed. I'm drinking a very nice wine now, pity
you're not in the neighborhood or I'd invite you over. Dave