PowerCranks Study

Old October 4th 03, 02:32 AM
Phil Holman

Default PowerCranks Study

This from Frank Day's recent Newsletter...

[The first criticisms I heard about the PC's came from those who said
"well, if they are so good, why aren't the top cyclists using them?"
Well, that argument became easy to rebut in the last year or so. But,
the other criticism has been that "there has been no study proving the
worth of the cranks and substantiating the claims." Well, I am glad to
report that drought is about to end. I have been informed (and have seen
the galleys) that the first study of training effectiveness in trained
cyclists is to be published in November. I must say, based upon the
study design, I would not have predicted the magnitude of the benefits
they found. But, I shouldn't say more until it is published. I will, of
course, put a link to the study once it is available.]

I'll look forward to reading the publishing and debating this a little
more.

Phil Holman

Old October 4th 03, 03:09 AM
christopher a moyer

It will be most interesting to see if it is a within groups or between
groups design.

Christopher Moyer

Old October 4th 03, 06:26 AM
Robert Chung

Phil Holman wrote:
This from Frank Day's recent Newsletter...

I have been informed (and have seen
the galleys) that the first study of training effectiveness in trained
cyclists is to be published in November.

I'll look forward to reading the publishing and debating this a little
more.

What did you think of the study on untrained cyclists that was published
last year (MSSE 34(11): 1854-1858)?

Old October 4th 03, 07:54 AM
Robert Chung

Robert Chung wrote:
Phil Holman wrote:
This from Frank Day's recent Newsletter...

I have been informed (and have seen
the galleys) that the first study of training effectiveness in trained
cyclists is to be published in November.

I'll look forward to reading the publishing and debating this a little
more.

What did you think of the study on untrained cyclists that was published
last year (MSSE 34(11): 1854-1858)?

Ooops. Sorry. Ignore that. That was the study of Rotor Cranks.