Critical

Old December 24th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Critical

"slide" WHO? wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Then the police had better have a good reason and be prepared to prove
to a court that a crime had been committed or that they had serious
reasons to expect that a crime was about to be committed. Only in
police states -- and United States -- is it adequate reason to shoot
someone that "He was evading arrest." In a civilized society, that too
must be proven before anyone can be punished for it.

The theory of evading arrest is that doing so is, itself, a crime so if
a police arrests someone who is evading, that's stopping a crime in
progress. I'm unaware of any locale in the US where the police can
arrest an individual due to suspicions of a future crime. The arrest can
occur if a clear and present danger to life is about to occur.

The example I gave of me lunging at you on a public street apparently
intent on beating you is an example of where a police can intervene to
prevent the crime of me beating you. Would you have have it so that I
need to beat you senseless before the police can intervene?

What if the scenario of my verbally threatening you and then running
toward you shouting promises to beat you to death occurred on an Irish
city's streets? Would a police there, if present, intervene or would he
stand by until the crime had occurred? You tell me.

In the US the police can always bully people by giving (unlawful)
arbitrary orders, and then arrest them on "obstruction" charges.
Fortunately, these types of cops are rare, but the behavior usually
comes out when the police are in a group, and the others officers feel
they have to follow the lead once the bad apples act.

One drunk and a bunch of cops? How many of the cops had a scratch on
them? Come on, Paul, I'm bending over backwards here to keep an open
mind. Dusto put his finger on it, and that list Andrew Muzi published
a URL to confirmed it with more specifics: the cops just got fed up
with Rodney King, and out of control drunk, and decided to teach him a
lesson he would never forget. I don't care how big and nasty a drunk
is, every cop knows how to grab the nerve at the junction of his neck
and shoulder to bring him down to earth. That affair was unnecessary,
however you look at it.

We can't continue to discuss the King affair with only me having seen
the video in its entirety and it not being available to you. You make
King out to be some sort of helpless drunk, perhaps with a goofy grin on
his face being set upon by furious police where I know, based on my eye
witnessing, that this isn't the case at all. Drunk, drugged or whatever
was going on with him, I think the police acted reasonably taken the
scenario in its entirety. A US jury agreed with me they too having seen
the video in its entirety.

An all white jury that does not mind white police officers putting the
black "homeys" in their place. Yeah, I know plenty of people who think
(and speak) like that.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old December 26th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Neil Brooks

On Dec 18, 11:21*pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Jym Dyer wrote:
Bill Sornson writes (gee, what happened to the CONTEXT?!?)
CM celebrates the bicycle like the KKK celebrates diversity.

=x= The KKK celebrates diversity like Sorni celebrates IQ.
* *_Jym_

I know how to spell "Jim", Jym (sic); AND how to post without insipid
symbols prefacing each remark and misspelled proper noun.

Wow.

Are you STILL trying to tell this guy how to spell what -- from all
appearances -- appears to be HIS NAME??

Un-be-****ing-liev-able.

And that incessant attention to style over substance .....

http://www.minnesotarecovery.info/li...e/drydrunk.htm

Get help.

Seriously.
Old January 4th 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Jym Dyer

What part of "public thoroughfare" don't you get?
The part where some CM rides deliberately "cork" intersections
to cause gridlock and inconvenience other road users.

=v= You impute a motivation and get it wrong. You also impute
a consequence and get that wrong, too. "Corking" actually
improves things overall, for all road users. That's why the
police do it when they're along!
_Jym_

Critical [email protected] General 191 January 4th 09 01:09 AM
Critical [email protected] Techniques 294 January 4th 09 01:09 AM
Police win powers to control Critical Mass cycle rally - FW: Don't be taken for a ride: Critical Mass has NOT been banned Fod UK 2 May 27th 07 03:06 PM
Critical Mass = Critical ASS Jan Mobely Social Issues 0 July 12th 05 07:09 PM
[critical-mass] Promote Critical Mass in NYC This Friday! Jym Dyer Social Issues 3 March 26th 05 10:14 PM