Council that fined girl, 5, for running lemonade stand slaps bikeshop owners with penalty for offering a free pump

Old August 4th 17, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Council that fined girl, 5, for running lemonade stand slaps bikeshop owners with penalty for offering a free pump

On 04/08/17 02:39, JNugent wrote:
On 03/08/2017 22:07, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/08/17 12:32, JNugent wrote:
On 03/08/2017 11:03, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/08/17 00:13, JNugent wrote:
On 02/08/2017 21:01, TMS320 wrote:

Oh, I accept that the bureacratic mind has nothing to do with
rocket science. Rocket science is considerably less complicated.

If you don't understand administrative law (nothing necessarily
anything to be ashamed of), the best advice is: don't try to comment
on it.

Have you ever seen anything of mine that attempts to inform or explain
an issue of human manufactured law?

If most people don't understand the way of the bureaucrat, anybody
can damn well comment on it.

The bureaucrat does not make the law. He administers it.

The one that makes the law is a mortal person out of the same mould.
You may wish to separate the function but I choose not to.

I'm afraid you *have* to.

It is a word. I don't *have* to differentiate the parts.

Legislature and executive are two different things.

Yes. So what?

Having made use of legal services over the years (employment,
property, bereavement), one is always left with the feeling that the
law's primary objectives are a) a job creation scheme and b) to make
simple things difficult. And I really cannot believe that in this day
and age, with all modern identity checks and so on, it is necessary to
swear an oath to get probate; it's pure, unnecessary theatre.

What's the difficulty with it?

About swearing an oath? It might be a minor thing but one goes through a
system with a lot of unnecessary obstacles and then this joke ceremony
has to be performed...

If you have a problem with the law (as many cyclists clearly do),
your only recourse is your MP.

That depends on whether the argument is actually to do with the law or
your interpretation of it - with the bile.
There is usually a right of appeal if you disagree with a decision of

the executive.

You really don't get it. Have another look at your sentence above my reply.

Old August 4th 17, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/08/2017 07:02, Bod wrote:
On 04/08/2017 02:18, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:50:34 +0100
Bod wrote:
The problem is the typical Gestapo approach by most council workers
and the general lack of common sense that they show.

That's a mighty big tar brush you got there.

Councils in general are notorious for their incompetence and lack of
common sense.

eg; Three times over the last five of years they've altered a local
roundabout here that has cost hundreds of thousands and caused chaos on
the roads, only for them to put it back to what the original layout was.
I could post many more of their cock ups.

You're probably right about the roundabout and about cock-ups in
general, but that does not mean that people can (or should be allowed
to) just do as they like.
Old August 4th 17, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/08/2017 12:45, TMS320 wrote:

[...]

???

Legislature and executive are two different things.

Yes. So what?

You just said that you don't fifferentiate them (ie, that you believe
them to be the same thing).

Which is at the moment? Are they (legislature / executive) the same
thing or not?

Having made use of legal services over the years (employment,
property, bereavement), one is always left with the feeling that the
law's primary objectives are a) a job creation scheme and b) to make
simple things difficult. And I really cannot believe that in this day
and age, with all modern identity checks and so on, it is necessary
to swear an oath to get probate; it's pure, unnecessary theatre.

What's the difficulty with it?

About swearing an oath? It might be a minor thing but one goes through a
system with a lot of unnecessary obstacles and then this joke ceremony
has to be performed...

It is done so that you can be prosecuted if it later transpires that you
were attempting deceit. Prosecuition, that is, for the deceit, not only
for the attempted dishonest gain.

The oath or affirmation is used in situations where the citizen is on
their honour to tell the truth to a decision-maker such as a court. It
reinforces (for a citizen of average intelligence or above) the
seriousness of the declaration he is making.

If you have a problem with the law (as many cyclists clearly do),
your only recourse is your MP.

That depends on whether the argument is actually to do with the law
or your interpretation of it - with the bile.

There is usually a right of appeal if you disagree with a decision of
the executive.

You really don't get it. Have another look at your sentence above my reply.

Au contraire - it is your good self who doesn't get the distinction to
be drawn between:

(a) access to your MP (your attempt to get the law changed to one with
which you agree), and

(b) the recourse you might have if you don't agree with a decision made
by a branch of the executive (your MP is not part of that).

Old August 4th 17, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Bod wrote:
The problem is the typical Gestapo approach by most council workers
and the general lack of common sense that they show.

That's a mighty big tar brush you got there.

Councils in general are notorious for their incompetence and lack of
common sense.

eg; Three times over the last five of years they've altered a local
roundabout here that has cost hundreds of thousands and caused chaos on
the roads, only for them to put it back to what the original layout was.
I could post many more of their cock ups.

You're probably right about the roundabout and about cock-ups in
general, but that does not mean that people can (or should be allowed
to) just do as they like.

That's what the police and actual laws are for. Petty councils should
not have any powers.

But you don't like laws and you don't want a police force. You've often
stated those things.
Old August 4th 17, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 04 Aug 2017 14:34:20 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

You're probably right about the roundabout and about cock-ups in
general, but that does not mean that people can (or should be allowed
to) just do as they like.

That's what the police and actual laws are for. Petty councils should not have any powers.

Then they wouldn't be councils, idiot!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"mathematics":
Old August 4th 17, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Fri, 04 Aug 2017 14:53:27 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

But you don't like laws and you don't want a police force. You've often
stated those things.

Indeed. But a council enforcing silly regulations is even worse.

Silly idiot! LOL

--
Rejected Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) on what he'd have done
if he had been drafted:
Old August 4th 17, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Fri, 04 Aug 2017 14:34:46 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

You're probably right about the roundabout and about cock-ups in
general, but that does not mean that people can (or should be allowed
to) just do as they like.

Do you enjoy living in a police state? Do you not believe in a free country?

Do you ONLY ask retarded questions, Birdbrain?

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
mind:
Old August 5th 17, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/08/17 13:28, JNugent wrote:
[...]

What it says.

Legislature and executive are two different things.

Yes. So what?

You just said that you don't fifferentiate them (ie, that you believe
them to be the same thing).

I didn't. You missed out the word 'have'.

[...]

It makes no difference whether the opinion comes from a citizen of above
or below average intelligence. Probate oath is not in court.

If you have a problem with the law (as many cyclists clearly
do), your only recourse is your MP.

That depends on whether the argument is actually to do with the
law or your interpretation of it - with the bile.

There is usually a right of appeal if you disagree with a
decision of the executive.

You really don't get it. Have another look at your sentence above
my reply.

Au contraire -

No, *you* really don't get it. It was about you sprinkling your
prejudices about 'cyclists'.
Old August 5th 17, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 05/08/2017 09:38, TMS320 wrote:

[...]

You have made yourself clear at long last (it only took you about six
posts): you know that the legislature (Parliament) and the executive
(the government and the agencies of administration and enforcement) are
two different things, but you find it more convenient not to recognise
that, even though you know it to be true.

Fair enough. You got there in the end.

Which is at the moment? Are they (legislature / executive) the same
thing or not?

You have at least setted that.

[...]

Note the phrase "...such as...". It is possible to provide an
oath/affirmation in writing rather than in court.

If you have a problem with the law (as many cyclists clearly
do), your only recourse is your MP.

That depends on whether the argument is actually to do with the
law or your interpretation of it - with the bile.

There is usually a right of appeal if you disagree with a decision
of the executive.

You really don't get it. Have another look at your sentence above my
reply.

Au contraire -

No, *you* really don't get it. It was about you sprinkling your
prejudices about 'cyclists'.

The law on obstruction of the highway (and the easements which may, at
their lawfully-exercised discretion, be be permitted by a local
authority) is not difficult to understand. It actually has little, if
anything, to do with cycling as distinct from other user or abusers of
the highway.

The offender here is, as it happens, a retail shop which provides
services to cyclists.

OT cyclist fined after running a red light. doug UK 6 July 21st 17 03:29 AM
discount girl easter dress baby girl briggs washington state northface metropolis girl [email protected] Recumbent Biking 0 March 24th 08 12:37 PM
Lemonade drinkers John Hearns UK 27 September 25th 05 09:21 AM
Useful gadget for Trike owners - DIY stand from scrap wood (Swiftlet) Paul W Recumbent Biking 2 November 25th 04 09:00 AM
Melbourne Council wants to startup 'free bike' schemeikes flyingdutch Australia 15 March 3rd 04 04:41 PM