South Africa - UK

Old September 21st 15, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default South Africa - UK

QUOTE:

The bicycle is simple and cheap; powered by the most efficient engine there is - the human body - it is almost silent, emits zero carbons, and doesn't require fuel, tax discs, paper work, nor space to park.

It doesn't pay toll fees, can be maintained and repaired by almost anyone, and can be hauled onto a dug-out canoe or lifted over a fence. Its 'limitations' ensure you carry only what you really need, and it's the only vehicle that truly allows you to experience a place with all your raw senses

- on a bicycle you can't escape the sounds, the smells, the heat, the cold, the flies and mosquitoes, the dust, the mud, the mountain climbs and valley descents, the wind and the rain of a place - that's living, that's experiencing.

http://fatkidonabike.com/why-how-what/

Old September 21st 15, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Alycidon" wrote in message
QUOTE:

The bicycle is simple and cheap; powered by the most efficient engine there
is - the human body - it is almost silent, emits zero carbons, and doesn't
require fuel, tax discs, paper work, nor space to park.

It doesn't pay toll fees, can be maintained and repaired by almost anyone,
and can be hauled onto a dug-out canoe or lifted over a fence. Its
'limitations' ensure you carry only what you really need, and it's the only
vehicle that truly allows you to experience a place with all your raw senses

- on a bicycle you can't escape the sounds, the smells, the heat, the cold,
the flies and mosquitoes, the dust, the mud, the mountain climbs and valley
descents, the wind and the rain of a place - that's living, that's
experiencing.

http://fatkidonabike.com/why-how-what/

****ed again?
Or going nuts?
Probably both.

Old September 21st 15, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/09/2015 21:27, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"Alycidon" wrote in message
[...]

This morning at Heathrow Airport, I actually *saw* two passengers with
bikes in black plastic carrying cases loading them into a trailer after
coming off some flight or other.

They were being taken to Purple Parking over at Southall. I wondered why
they didn't just unpack their bikes and ride off on them, carrying all
their luggage (plus the carrying cases). After all, Mason assures us
that they're good for 200kg each. and that's way more than the luggage
allowance and distance is apparently no object to a cyclist, who is the
perfect efficient engine.
Old September 21st 15, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

Default Simonerd strikes again!

On 21/09/2015 21:16, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:

The bicycle is simple and cheap;

And used by sponging freeloaders.

powered by the most efficient engine
there is - the human body -

Which isn't particularly efficient at all.

it is almost silent, emits zero carbons,
and doesn't require fuel, tax discs, paper work, nor space to park.

But cyclists emit farts, the bike was made in China and shipped by sea,
and the lycra is an environmental disaster.

It doesn't pay toll fees, can be maintained and repaired by almost
anyone, and can be hauled onto a dug-out canoe or lifted over a
fence. Its 'limitations' ensure you carry only what you really need,
and it's the only vehicle that truly allows you to experience a place
with all your raw senses

It's limitations are enormous.

- on a bicycle you can't escape the sounds, the smells, the heat, the
cold, the flies and mosquitoes, the dust, the mud, the mountain
climbs and valley descents, the wind and the rain of a place - that's
living, that's experiencing.

On a bicycle you can't escape the sounds, the smells, the heat, the
cold, the flies and mosquitoes, the dust, the mud, the mountain climbs
and valley descents, the wind and the rain of a place. In a car you can.

Old September 22nd 15, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

"Alycidon" wrote in message
[...]

I live about 4 miles from Heathrow airport. I assume that you do too?
Your trolling friend (Mr Pounder) classes the south of England as "a
********"(quote) and hates southerners....in fact he hates most things.
Old September 22nd 15, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 21:27:54 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Alycidon" wrote in message
[...]

Failed quoting

****ed again?
Or going nuts?
Probably both.

ad hominem.

-2, see me.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old September 22nd 15, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Alycidon" wrote in message
[...]

He is well aware of what I think of the south of England.
Now, back to your wooden caravan with you.

Old September 22nd 15, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

"Alycidon" wrote in message
[...]

Just what is your problem?
Old September 22nd 15, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

"Alycidon" wrote in message
[...]

Not as near as that, but not too far. I have occasion to visit the
airport about a half-dozen times a year, which is why I am familiar with
Purple Parking.

Your trolling friend (Mr Pounder) classes the south of England as "a
********"(quote) and hates southerners....in fact he hates most things.

"trolling friend"?
Old September 22nd 15, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

"Alycidon" wrote in message
[...]

What area are you in?

Muni in South Africa jogglingflurpy Unicycling 7 December 9th 08 01:40 PM
PING South Africa ! thieum Unicycling 0 June 20th 08 09:33 PM
South africa Anders Grund Rides 0 December 7th 04 06:13 PM
South africa Anders Grund Rides 0 December 7th 04 06:13 PM
Unicycles in South Africa ? Dewald Unicycling 2 April 30th 04 11:58 AM