Flamme-Rouge cycle cafe bar

Old October 13th 14, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Flamme-Rouge cycle cafe bar

My Greek sketching and cycling pal, an erstwhile staff member of one of the better cycling magazines, sent a sketch she made in her cycle cafe.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flamm...28422873868848

Of course, obsessives and nutters among the roadies and trendies, weighing every calorie of intake, would curl up in an apoplectic fit at the thought of a cyclists' caff that sells liquor.

The ain't Le Caff Poseur, this is the real thing, not a barrista in sight.

Andre Jute
We Europeans are more sophisticated
Old October 13th 14, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Andre Jute wrote:
My Greek sketching and cycling pal, an erstwhile staff member of one of
the better cycling magazines, sent a sketch she made in her cycle cafe.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flamm...28422873868848

Of course, obsessives and nutters among the roadies and trendies,
weighing every calorie of intake, would curl up in an apoplectic fit at
the thought of a cyclists' caff that sells liquor.

The roadies I run with would insist on Guinness though I'd settle for a
Mackeson stout in a pinch.

The ain't Le Caff Poseur, this is the real thing, not a barrista in sight.

Andre Jute
We Europeans are more sophisticated

Seems sort of a global claim there. Lol

--
duane
Old October 13th 14, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/13/2014 11:07 AM, Duane wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
My Greek sketching and cycling pal, an erstwhile staff member of one of
the better cycling magazines, sent a sketch she made in her cycle cafe.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flamm...28422873868848

Of course, obsessives and nutters among the roadies and trendies,
weighing every calorie of intake, would curl up in an apoplectic fit at
the thought of a cyclists' caff that sells liquor.

The roadies I run with would insist on Guinness though I'd settle for a
Mackeson stout in a pinch.

We used to have "folding bike rides" in San Francisco. These were real
rides, rather long, with no end-of-ride gathering. Then I saw a Brompton
ride report from the UK along the lines of "we met, it was raining, so
we rode a half mile to the pub."

Experts agree that Guinness is the best option for after-ride gatherings.

I was in Costco a few days ago and it was so sad to hear someone say,
"we'll get the beer somewhere else, they don't have Coors Lite here."
OMG, Costco has like ten good varieties of craft beer available at very
good prices. For an ale, I've been getting this:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/90568/. Sometimes Costco
has Guinness, but not all the time.
Old October 13th 14, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

You have to be careful here because there is a local brewery licensed to
"make" Guinness. The one available at Costco isn't the Irish one. That
said Guinness is best on tap IMO and that's a good justification for
stopping at the pub.
--
duane
Old October 13th 14, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, October 13, 2014 10:27:14 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
My Greek sketching and cycling pal, an erstwhile staff member of one of the better cycling magazines, sent a sketch she made in her cycle cafe.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flamm...28422873868848

Of course, obsessives and nutters among the roadies and trendies, weighing every calorie of intake, would curl up in an apoplectic fit at the thought of a cyclists' caff that sells liquor.

The ain't Le Caff Poseur, this is the real thing, not a barrista in sight.

Andre Jute

We Europeans are more sophisticated

Hey, we've got plenty of bike bars -- and even bars on bikes. http://tinyurl.com/otub97c Note Chris King hub beer tap. And lets no forget the brewcycle pedal pub: http://tinyurl.com/nshg33w

I don't know if we have more strip joints, coffee shops or brew pubs. But if you want beervana, you should drop by -- take the tour. http://www.portlandwalkingtours.com/...-brewery-tour/

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 13th 14, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, October 13, 2014 7:07:02 PM UTC+1, Duane wrote:
Andre Jute MMM wrote:

My Greek sketching and cycling pal, an erstwhile staff member of one of
the better cycling magazines, sent a sketch she made in her cycle cafe.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flamm...28422873868848

Of course, obsessives and nutters among the roadies and trendies,
weighing every calorie of intake, would curl up in an apoplectic fit at
the thought of a cyclists' caff that sells liquor.

The roadies I run with would insist on Guinness though I'd settle for a
Mackeson stout in a pinch.

The ain't Le Caff Poseur, this is the real thing, not a barrista in sight.

Andre Jute

We Europeans are more sophisticated

Seems sort of a global claim there. Lol

Not that sophisticated, alas. [HANGS HEAD, ADMITS TO BEER IN THE WINESTORE] I relaunched the Mackeson Stout you refer to, back when I was on loan from the ad agency to Whitbread the brewers.

Old October 13th 14, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/13/2014 11:28 AM, Duane wrote:

snip

You have to be careful here because there is a local brewery licensed to
"make" Guinness. The one available at Costco isn't the Irish one. That
said Guinness is best on tap IMO and that's a good justification for
stopping at the pub.

The one I've gotten at Costco is this one:
http://www.ilovecostco.com/guinness-beer-costco and I thought that it
was the proper one since it is imported from Ireland. It has that
thingee inside the can. I've seen the "fake" Guinness, but not at Costco.

Old October 13th 14, 09:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

sms wrote:
On 10/13/2014 11:28 AM, Duane wrote:

snip

You have to be careful here because there is a local brewery licensed to
"make" Guinness. The one available at Costco isn't the Irish one. That
said Guinness is best on tap IMO and that's a good justification for
stopping at the pub.

The one I've gotten at Costco is this one:
http://www.ilovecostco.com/guinness-beer-costco and I thought that it
was the proper one since it is imported from Ireland. It has that thingee
inside the can. I've seen the "fake" Guinness, but not at Costco.

If it says imported it's the real one. The local one says licensed by
Guinness but not imported.

Maybe for Costco it's a local Montreal thing as its brewed by Labatts.
I've actually had it on tap at a pub. It looks quite the same but not
nearly as rich.
Most good Irish pubs here happily use the imported one.
--
duane
Old October 13th 14, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, October 13, 2014 7:43:50 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, October 13, 2014 10:27:14 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:

My Greek sketching and cycling pal, an erstwhile staff member of one of the better cycling magazines, sent a sketch she made in her cycle cafe.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flamm...28422873868848

Of course, obsessives and nutters among the roadies and trendies, weighing every calorie of intake, would curl up in an apoplectic fit at the thought of a cyclists' caff that sells liquor.

The ain't Le Caff Poseur, this is the real thing, not a barrista in sight.

Andre Jute
We Europeans are more sophisticated

Hey, we've got plenty of bike bars -- and even bars on bikes. http://tinyurl.com/otub97c Note Chris King hub beer tap. And lets no forget the brewcycle pedal pub: http://tinyurl.com/nshg33w

That multicyclery looks like something Chalo could have made.

Andre Jute
Old October 14th 14, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/1ytBQh

Lanterne Rouge Donald Munro Racing 1 July 6th 08 12:49 AM
Lanterne Rouge Carl Sundquist Racing 2 August 3rd 07 09:14 PM
Lanterne Rouge Carl Sundquist Racing 2 July 25th 06 04:55 PM
Laterne Rouge D. Ferguson Racing 5 September 8th 05 10:16 AM
Day 1 of Lanterne Rouge [email protected] Racing 10 July 4th 05 10:56 AM