Google self driving bicycle

Old October 17th 16, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Google self driving bicycle

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LSZPNwZex9s
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old October 17th 16, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0EUEiTFuTk
Old October 17th 16, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 6:37:29 PM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/LSZPNwZex9s
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Love it! If the April 1st launch date isn't hint enough, here's how they faked up the video:
https://youtu.be/LSZPNwZex9s

Andre Jute
Nice job, Google. Never thought I'd be saying that!

Old October 17th 16, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

n the accident man is terrific with modeling ....

Old October 17th 16, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 11:28:18 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 6:37:29 PM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/LSZPNwZex9s

Love it! If the April 1st launch date isn't hint enough, here's how they faked up the video:
https://youtu.be/LSZPNwZex9s

Me too, but I shouldn't have posted the link. I'm at home with a
cold, flu, fever, and bad attitude. My brain is apparently not
functioning at optimum performance levels. I missed the video last
April Fools Day and didn't notice the date. Sorry(tm).

Faked or otherwise, a gyro stabilized bicycle is an idea that keeps
reappearing.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/529668138/jyrobike-auto-balance-bicycle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANUWBNLoN28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAhQyBLxgu4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UHLRmYNDMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3vfSQePcs
https://www.google.com/search?q=gyro+stabilized+bicycle&tbm=isch
After the eBike fad has run its course, your next bicycle might be a
self stabilized robotic delivery bicycle.

Andre Jute
Nice job, Google. Never thought I'd be saying that!

Google ideas and technology are possibly some of the best, most
creative, and risky on the planet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(company)
https://www.solveforx.com
https://www.youtube.com/solveforx
It's Google's politics, policies, business plan, and monitization of
the internet that gets me irritated.

Old October 17th 16, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

I like my bicycles and I enjoy riding them, bereft of modern
'features' though they remain.

A lily gilded is no longer a lily at all IMHO.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 17th 16, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Martin Riddle[_2_]

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 10:37:26 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LSZPNwZex9s

I like the little kid struggling to get into the seat ;D
Right after the mother says 'My kids can go anywhere they want.'

Cheers

Old October 18th 16, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Sorry to hear you're not well.

Thanks for the links to gyrobikes -- or should that be gyrobykes? The truth is that I'm considerably more stable on my bike than on my feet, for some unknown reason, no doubt weird and wonderful; I'll ask one of the physicians who ride with me if there is something about the inner ear and blood pressure. I'm sure Jobst would have come up with some inpenetrable but inevitably correct mechanical theory about "precessional velocity" or some such, and we could all have enjoyed the flame war while the little people tried to nibble on his ankles.

Andre Jute
I rode an eight foot tall penny farthing in a procession once -- an amazing experience
Old October 18th 16, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
W. Wesley Groleau

On 10-17-2016 19:01, Andre Jute wrote:
Thanks for the links to gyrobikes -- or should that be gyrobykes?
The truth is that I'm considerably more stable on my bike than
on my feet, for some unknown reason, no doubt weird and wonderful;
I'll ask one of the physicians who ride with me if there is something
about the inner ear and blood pressure. I'm sure Jobst would have
come up with some inpenetrable but inevitably correct mechanical
theory about "precessional velocity" or some such, and we could
all have enjoyed the flame war while the little people tried
to nibble on his ankles.

In motion, the wheels have gyro effect.

--
Wes Groleau