Sell your old bike!

Old December 11th 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Sell your old bike!

Free internet advertising!
A new local service has been launched offering free online advertising!
Featuring services, items for sale, items wanted, classified ads, even enter
up and coming events - all services are FREE! The site facilitates the
easy entry of items, so there is no need to wait before the item is 'live'.

The more you advertise the greater your chances of selling. For wider
circulation of your campaigns, feel free to advertise at Armchair Access.

Old December 11th 05, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

spuddebs wrote:
Free internet advertising!
A new local service has been launched offering free online advertising!
Featuring services, items for sale, items wanted, classified ads, even enter
up and coming events - all services are FREE! The site facilitates the
easy entry of items, so there is no need to wait before the item is 'live'.

The more you advertise the greater your chances of selling. For wider
circulation of your campaigns, feel free to advertise at Armchair Access.

This must win the "Most Incompetent Spammer" award!

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old December 11th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven typed

This must win the "Most Incompetent Spammer" award!

Quite. Sheddi and cyclists seldom sell their possessions.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 13th 05, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article , Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Tony Raven typed

This must win the "Most Incompetent Spammer" award!

Quite. Sheddi and cyclists seldom sell their possessions.

That would explain the complete absence of discussion of second hand bikes
and bike bits bought on eBay here, or advertisments for same :-).

(On which subject, can anyone tell me what model hub this is?
http://snipurl.com/kqnp)
Old December 13th 05, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message , Alan Braggins
') wrote:

In article , Helen Deborah
Vecht wrote:
Tony Raven typed

This must win the "Most Incompetent Spammer" award!

Quite. Sheddi and cyclists seldom sell their possessions.

That would explain the complete absence of discussion of second hand
bikes and bike bits bought on eBay here, or advertisments for same :-).

We _buy_ second hand bikes. We don't _sell_ second-hand bikes.

Iraq war: it's time for regime change...
... go now, Tony, while you can still go with dignity.
[update 18 months after this .sig was written: it's still relevant]
Old December 13th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
in message , Alan Braggins
') wrote:

In article , Helen Deborah
Vecht wrote:
Tony Raven typed

This must win the "Most Incompetent Spammer" award!

Quite. Sheddi and cyclists seldom sell their possessions.

That would explain the complete absence of discussion of second hand
bikes and bike bits bought on eBay here, or advertisments for same :-).

We _buy_ second hand bikes. We don't _sell_ second-hand bikes.

So what do you do with them once you have bought them, or do you have a
bottomless pit in your garden which you are trying to fill?

Alan

Old December 13th 05, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Alan Holmes" typed

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
in message , Alan Braggins
') wrote:

In article , Helen Deborah
Vecht wrote:
Tony Raven typed

This must win the "Most Incompetent Spammer" award!

Quite. Sheddi and cyclists seldom sell their possessions.

That would explain the complete absence of discussion of second hand
bikes and bike bits bought on eBay here, or advertisments for same :-).

We _buy_ second hand bikes. We don't _sell_ second-hand bikes.

So what do you do with them once you have bought them, or do you have a
bottomless pit in your garden which you are trying to fill?

Alan

Iraq war: it's time for regime change...
... go now, Tony, while you can still go with dignity.
[update 18 months after this .sig was written: it's still
relevant]

I mostly give them away, though I confess I sold one to Myra, late of
this parish.

Since I can't ride any more, I will describe the fate of my bicycles:

1) Kuwahara Pacer hybrid: sold to work colleague
2) Brompton folder: given to 12-year-old nephew
3) Cheltenham Pedersen: given to Tim Hall of this parish
4) Flying Scot touring cycle: given to man who later moved into my home.
Biccycle still lives in my hallway.
5) Orbit Harrier touring/Audax machine: same fate as Scot, but lives in
the garage.

My partner sold one of his bicycles to the chap that painted the house...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 13th 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Alan Holmes wrote:

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message

in message , Alan Braggins
') wrote:

In article , Helen Deborah
Vecht wrote:

Tony Raven typed

This must win the "Most Incompetent Spammer" award!

Quite. Sheddi and cyclists seldom sell their possessions.

That would explain the complete absence of discussion of second hand
bikes and bike bits bought on eBay here, or advertisments for same :-).

We _buy_ second hand bikes. We don't _sell_ second-hand bikes.

So what do you do with them once you have bought them, or do you have a
bottomless pit in your garden which you are trying to fill?

Make/buy a bigger shed to put them in, obviously.

James
--
James Annan
see web pages for email
Old December 13th 05, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:54:52 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

3) Cheltenham Pedersen: given to Tim Hall of this parish

And very lovely it is too. Took it for a ride on Sunday with the
Tandem Club, wot with Mrs. Hall having a poorly Oomeknee. 35 miles in
brilliant winter sunshine up Beachy Head then down v fast towards
Birling Gap. Gets a bit lively above 30 mph. Northwards through East
Dean, lunch at Berwick, more lanes then the Cuckoo Trail and back to
Eastbourne for home molished Min Spies. Then whizz down to the station
and train back to Gatwick.

Tim
Old December 14th 05, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tim Hall typed

wrote:

3) Cheltenham Pedersen: given to Tim Hall of this parish

And very lovely it is too. Took it for a ride on Sunday with the
Tandem Club, wot with Mrs. Hall having a poorly Oomeknee. 35 miles in
brilliant winter sunshine up Beachy Head then down v fast towards
Birling Gap. Gets a bit lively above 30 mph. Northwards through East
Dean, lunch at Berwick, more lanes then the Cuckoo Trail and back to
Eastbourne for home molished Min Spies. Then whizz down to the station
and train back to Gatwick.

Glad it's found a happy home!

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

The Ugly Bike [email protected] General 4 October 17th 05 02:43 PM
Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
Bike rack [email protected] General 9 April 22nd 05 02:50 AM
Some questions etc.. Douglas Harrington General 10 August 17th 04 02:42 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Social Issues 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM